cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

marinemom

Positive Affirmations and Support

Don't feel bad Ali. I guess I could be guilty of the same thing. My morning was he** and I was talking to a friend who was smoking and although I didn't ask for a drag I really wanted too. Did inhale some of the smoke off it though. Didn't help the stress level. Got a lozenge in my mouth right now. They work pretty good at taking the edge off.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2,921 Replies
suzimac

Hey Bob, This IS doable. I quit 1 day before I started my new job, I am on the nicotine patch. You will be experiencing CHANGE, so it makes it easier to do something different. Tommorow will be 8 weeks for me, I rarely think of cigs, I have had a craving here and there, but I deep breathe through them,( it's stress) and get through. My performance is great at work, I don't stink, I'm not always looking to SNEAK outside to smoke, where it has become freezing cold.here in the northeast. I am a visiting nurse, so I just keep snacks in the car(gum,tootsie pops, ect) the other day I overheard one of my co-workers say, "SUE doesn't smoke", I did it, not as hard as I thought. By the way, I am 50 yo,had smoked since I was a kid. GO for it Bob , we're here for you!!!! luv,sue
0 Kudos
rose-green

help me i might have to change my quit date till i get something to help with the cravings
0 Kudos
rose-green

thanks Brenda
0 Kudos
rose-green

Help i want to smoke
0 Kudos
christine16

rose, if you haven't already....please just wait! the longer you can put it off the more you'll realize you don't want to give in now and let them win! do anything else to distract you. really, take this 5 minutes and let all the other bs going on go and just get past this hump - you will be so happy!!!!!
0 Kudos

If Rose wants to quit, she will--if she puts it off till another day, that's ok, too.
  I was going to a group a year ago. I sat and listened to all the good people who had quit, thrown their cigs away.
  I couldn't wait to get away from the group, and smoke. I few meeting later, I called in and quit going. I just wasn't ready, not until this past August--then I was ready, and I QUIT!
0 Kudos

Hello everyone. Just wanted to say hi, and to warn everyone that I'll probably be asking for help or support. This is my third day, and earlier today was a challenge. My boyfriend had to go to work, and I had to clean the apt. with out him. The dogs kept barking and I just started to cry, but thankfully I didn't give in I had some nrt gum and I feel a lot better... at least for now
0 Kudos
becca7

Good Luck Tiffany, I feel like everything you just described is exactly like my situation. I am lucky for now, I am still in the tracking stages of my ciggs, It makes me feel better to know that someone who is a smoker can go through the same things I am going through with out smoking. Is your boyfriend a smoker?
0 Kudos
cazmataz

Hi all,
  Just joined this grouo. I'm on day 94 and going strong. Thank God!!! Not sure what this group is about but it seems like an active group. I like groups that are active and you can get to know each other. I hope to be able to support and encourage people in their quits. I don't really look at the number of days but try to take one day at a time - that is what works for me best. Sometimes if you look at the number you can get a bit overconfident and we can never become overconfident. We need to guard our quits like our life depends on it. But we also need not to beat ourselves up if we relapse. When that happens we need to be there for each other to see us through. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel. By the way, my name is Cindy - haven't found a picture I like of myself to post. I hope to meet some of you fine people as time goes by!!!
  Blessings and hugs!!!
  Cindy
0 Kudos
christine16

Tiffany - I know exactly how you feel.....it is so tough! I just really think trying not to take on too much at this time is a good idea.....clean the apt little by little and just chill! Remember you are not smoking and that is huge - reward yourself a little by not being able to accomplish everything you normally can...for now. And the gum is such a help....keep using it!!!
0 Kudos