cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

marinemom

Positive Affirmations and Support

Don't feel bad Ali. I guess I could be guilty of the same thing. My morning was he** and I was talking to a friend who was smoking and although I didn't ask for a drag I really wanted too. Did inhale some of the smoke off it though. Didn't help the stress level. Got a lozenge in my mouth right now. They work pretty good at taking the edge off.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2,921 Replies
AutumnWoman

" If you stop, you'll never reach your dreams." -- Charles Slack. Today is Day 8 and I don't intend to stop, Yes we can do this! Yes I can!
0 Kudos
Theresa11

Brenda say to yourself yippee I'm a non smoker and smoking is never an option. Stay strong!
0 Kudos
shanna_r

just got my son's report card, only because his teacher e mailed me wondering when it was going to be returned since it was sent out weeks ago...trying VERY hard not to have a smoke. i found a pack in a jacket pocket when i was cleaning out my trunk....gggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
0 Kudos
Sylvia_Deitz

Oh, Shanna... Hang in there, Hon! I know it's so hard not to smoke when your kids disappoint you, but there's always going to be something that is going to make you feel like a lousy parent, bad wife, or just plain no good, so just say to yourseolf that this too shall pass. Your anger at your son isn't worth killing yourself over. Just go outside and take a good deep breath of fresh air & thank God you've made it this far. Big Hugs, Sylvia
0 Kudos
shanna_r

hey chic, good to see you, you'll have TONS of support here! 🙂
0 Kudos
louise2

Welcome Chic, you are in the right place!!
0 Kudos
louise2

Shanna, it has taken me YEARS to realize that just because my daughter upsets me I don't need a smoke. In fact, that has been my number one trigger. And t really doesn't help, it hurts more than anything. It's simply the addict speaking to us when we hear ourselves saying because we are just so upset or mad or angry or frustrated just one will help.. Not true. I am just coming off a relapse because of this same trigger and I got really sick with Bronchitis and had to quit again. Thank God because, time has a way of slipping away from us and it can take a very long time again to quit.. So, you hang in there. There is always going to be "Something going on for us to try to reason a smoke" but, life is better without cigarettes and figuring this out early on goes along way... Good Luck you can do it.
0 Kudos
Sylvia_Deitz

Hi Chic! Welcome! I know you can do this. You just have to make up your mind that you want to live and in this life you want to be able to breath & have energy. You don't want to have to struggle for every breath and feel like you're drowning because you can't get enough oxygen. I've made it 2 mo. 1 wk. and I still need this site & the groups to give me strength. 10 years ago I quit for a year & a half, but I didn't have any kind of a support to help. When I was so upset about a situation I went to the freezer & got out a pack that I saved for "emergencies" which was a really dumb thing to do. This time there is no emergency pack. Soooo....throw those old cancer sticks away and get healthy. I waited too long and have developed emphysema & COPD. Don't let that happen to you, O.K.? I see you're a Christian. I am too. The whole time I smoked which was 49 years, I just didn't feel as good as the others. Now I feel I'm on the same level, because I'm no longer a slave to the cigarettes. I prayed a lot the first week. Believe me! God was my constant companion. Now I know He's there when I need Him, but I'm not whining to Him all the time. Sylvia
0 Kudos
shanna_r

yup, i threw it away in the trash, then i waved good-bye to it. 🙂 thanks, how are you?
0 Kudos
edith2

Ewwww! What's that smell?? hahahahahahah! You are saying what you said Kevin. You just go ahead and separate the butts from the triggers.
0 Kudos