cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

marinemom

Positive Affirmations and Support

Don't feel bad Ali. I guess I could be guilty of the same thing. My morning was he** and I was talking to a friend who was smoking and although I didn't ask for a drag I really wanted too. Did inhale some of the smoke off it though. Didn't help the stress level. Got a lozenge in my mouth right now. They work pretty good at taking the edge off.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2,921 Replies
arlene4

From Thansgiving to Remembrance Day I have so much to be thankful for. I am smoke free and each day adds to all that I am thankful for. Its cold outside and I do not have to find a place to smoke anymore. Brrrrrrrrrr Arlene
0 Kudos
kat2

Congrats to each and everyone for adding one more day to your quit! yahoo!
  Day 8 for me (second time 'round from a relapse, which oddly enough taught
  me how much better I felt when I wasn't smoking, duh?, but funny how it is
  lessons come around to you) Be strong everyone, KNOW that it does get
  easier, it really does. keep on going, one day at a time!
0 Kudos
AutumnWoman

It' Is Day 2 and I'm doing it. Thanks to the site and the people here, I'm entering a new smoke-free life. I can't believe what took me so long, but I'm glad I made it! A Happy Smoke-Free Wednesday to you all!
0 Kudos
miles

Yes I Can, due to the extreme lack of nicotine, today has been enhanced, fresh air, pleasant aromas from the kitchen, forgot how fried ham really smelled. Today is day 54, if I can do this, so can you. 40+ yrs of smoking. Thank God, I still have my health.
0 Kudos
edith2

Danny, I will check out that movie. I've always been curious about what it's about.
0 Kudos
anne2

hi all, this is day 80-something, and i just want to say thanks to you for encouraging me and special shout out to shreyl, who is on day 2, yes you can!
0 Kudos

Congrats to all who have made the decision to quit----even if your last cig was 5 minutes ago---you decided no more, and that's what's important!
0 Kudos
mollie

today is day one after a slip up on day four. I can not wait till my days are one month, one year. everyone is doing so great with their quits.
0 Kudos
monk

🙂 so this is 5th day for me. I don't think I have the craving for nicotene. From time to time I often miss it ( may be from habit). For example yesterday it was such a lovely cloudy weather. I felt like smoking along with coffee.There are moments when I have the urge. I am keeping an orange juice bottle with me and a can of roasted Almonds.No Chantix , No Nictone Gums etc. Whenever I have the urge I look into this site.Read everyone's posting. I think I get tremendous support here in this site. I can get to hear people from all walks of life. It's very encouraging. 🙂
0 Kudos
bill3

hey everyone moving my quit date up do to family pressure. Don't know if thats a good thing this is supposed to be my quit not theirs.
  I feel pressured and stressed by them. find it's more of a trigger than a help.
0 Kudos