cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

marinemom

Positive Affirmations and Support

Don't feel bad Ali. I guess I could be guilty of the same thing. My morning was he** and I was talking to a friend who was smoking and although I didn't ask for a drag I really wanted too. Did inhale some of the smoke off it though. Didn't help the stress level. Got a lozenge in my mouth right now. They work pretty good at taking the edge off.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2,921 Replies

IT"S MY TIME !!!!
0 Kudos
shanna_r

1 WEEK SMOKE FREE TODAY! Thanks everyone for your support. My daughter got home from camp yesterday and I told her that I had quit smoking, at first she didn't believe but my son told her that he had been watching me VERY CLOSELY and that it was true. Apparently my little boy has been spying on me! hahaha! Just shows he cares and that he has a sneaky side! 😃
  GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE HERE...YES YOU CAN!
0 Kudos
miles

I have 50 days in today, what matters most though, is I am here right now, not puffing on the death stick. YES I CAN for today. that is enough to think about.
0 Kudos

Dear fellow quiters; those who have quit, and to those who plan to quit in the near future.
  FEAR: When you think or say I am scared of quitting, ask yourself what am I afraid of? Look that fear right in the eyeball, and ask it questions. You'll be surprised how quickly that fear will fade.
  The question to really ask, Is what is there about smoking that I am fearful of?

Bet you get more answers to the last question.

But you can do it! You're worth it!
0 Kudos
michelle58

I am one month smoke free today. I have tried to quit many times over the last year, but none of that matters because today I am smoke free and it only took this last time to quit.
0 Kudos
Theresa11

One of Allen Carr's best suggestions is when you get a crave just say yippee I'm a non smoker and let it go at that.
0 Kudos
AutumnWoman

Hi Edith and group. Thanks for the invite. I'm working up to my quit date of November 12th. I'm nervous, but figure the more people I tell, the better the level of support I'll get. Good luck with your quits, congratulations to those who have sustained quits. Hopefully I'll be joining you soon!
0 Kudos
shanna_r

I need some support right now, i've been going strong so i thought but just talked to my mom and im, sooooo stressed out!
0 Kudos
edith2

ahhh, yes, I remember conversations with my mother. Shanna, whatever your mother said to you and whatever anyone says to you, do not let people, places, or things deter you from your goal of quitting for good. NO ONE can take that away from you. Take a deep breath, focus on your goal, and SMILE!
0 Kudos
melissa6

Today is day 93 for me. I myself haven't been counting the days, just letting them go by, but every morning I wake up and see that my incredible other half has updated the board with the new count. People at work have been very supportive as well, especially two ladies that both quit about 15 years ago, they have been very encouraging as well. So, what I thought would be impossible is proving more and more possible everyday. It just takes the want and the support. With those two things we all can do this! 🙂
0 Kudos