cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Please Help Me- I Need to Quit Now - I am new

Please give me some tips that helped you quit and stay smoke free even for one day. I started when I was 8. My husband and I gave them up back in "91" I started again in "96". I need to stop now! We have been raising our Grandson since he was 3Mo.old he is now 14 . I don't feel as though I can say "Don't Do As I Do- Do As I Say". He has tried cigarettes - Thank-God he hates the smell and taste. He and his friends have tried pot ! God knows what else, I'm scared he may have the same addiction personality that I have. I think addictions are Heireditary. Both our daughter's smoke. One just gave them up recently. I wish her the best. I need to quit for many reason's. My hair, clothes and Breath STINK! I love to work in the yard and garden. but it is getting more difficult for me to even mow the lawn. I run out of breath before I get finished. I haven't even started my raking this year, because I'm afraid I'll give up and be embarrassed. I'm very new to this site, today is my first day, I haven't had a cigarette in two hours. I am a chain smoker
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jaded

I myself have been on the prescription medication Chantix for 2 weeks and have been smoke free for 1 week. The medication has taken away the craving to smoke, I still think about it from time to time but I don't CRAVE it. Maybe it's something you should consider

Lots of luck! 😃
0 Kudos