Give and get support around quitting

tiffany5

Ohio Quitters

Hi Ohioans!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
105 Replies
okwari

Hey just joined become an ex and wanted to say hi im trying to quit smoking now my quit date is jan 14 i live in martins ferry ohio

0 Kudos

Hello...  I just joined the group, this is my 6th day without a cigarette after 32 yrs. of smoking!  I am from Knox county - Mount Vernon, Ohio.  I never thought I would quit smoking...  I think it's great that there is a place where we can go like this for support.  I hope everyone is staying warm today - it is cold out there this a.m.!

0 Kudos

Hello again...  I am also on the PATCH and have been using straws for my "oral fixation".  Hey it works!  I cut a straw into 3 sections, about the size of a cigarette and carry that around with me.  It's having something in my mouth, I have even taken a draw from it by mistake!  I drive with one even because that it where I liked to smoke.  It has helped me, I just wanted to share this and maybe help someone out there somewhere... 🙂

0 Kudos
Rick_M

I know what you mean Wild, fumbling around with a straw really helped me. Also stayed busy, tried to change my routine as best I could.  Good going getting that first week in, that is the tough one. Everyday you do not smoke you will get stronger. Never loose sight of the reasons you quit. Hang on....... 

0 Kudos
Rick_M

Okwari from Martin's Ferry, congrats on your decision to quit. You have a month to plan it out. Read all you can on this site and you might want to vist WHYQUIT .COM. Info on there to help you quit. You can do it, if you really want it.

0 Kudos

Good morning all! I am a 47 year old social worker from Canton and just joined EX the other day. So far I am tracking my cigarettes and have set a quit day of January 15th. I am learning a lot about my triggers and enjoying all the support available to me. Everyone have a great day and remember to just take this a day at a time.

Mike Burkhardt

0 Kudos
tmarcin

Good morning everyone!  I have been a smoker for nearly 20 years now (better than half of my life) and have decided to quit with extreme prejudice!  Quit date is 1/15/10 and I plan on using all the support and nicotine replacement tools and everything to quit.  It is not just the financial side but also seriously the health side and also because I am sick and tired of smoking outside in frigid winter weather.  So here goes.

0 Kudos
smokelesskim

Hi Matt,

My name is Kim and I from Northern KY.  I am on day 8 of being smokeless!!!  I have been smoking for a long time.  Way to long to count the years.

The last 2 days have been extremely tempting.  I am not sure why but they have been.  Any suggestions???

0 Kudos
mm232

Kim,

Sorry I am just getting back to you, I have been out of town for the last few days.  I can't tell you why any one day is better or worse than another.  In fact when I was out of town, they were the two easiest days I have had so far likely because I was not around or doing any of my normal routine.  All you can do is just try to get past the cravings any way you can and just keeping on moving forward. 8 days is a great start and you should be proud!!!!  Stay strong and keep in touch.

Matt

0 Kudos
eddieg121

120 hours or 5 days seems like a lifetime, but I know this is just the beginning of a lifelong journey.

0 Kudos