Give and get support around quitting

mara

November Quitters

Wish me luck as I wish you luck!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
609 Replies
kristen13

Deborah--I love running those trackers to see how many I haven't smoked! Yesterday, it was 160 for me, so today it would be about 185 cigs I haven't smoked since last Tuesday (my quit day.)

Cindy and Mollie--I'm in the middle of you girls in IL, just south of the WI border.

I made it through day 6, but had some issues with anxiety today. I get chest pains, which are scary. Had lots of tests run and I am fine. Just nerves. Sucks. As far as cravings, they have gotten better. Now, let's hope I can sleep tonight! That's been awful since I quit.

Take care----

Kristen
0 Kudos
bub

well today is my last smoking day 11-17-08... with God's help (which I will be continually asking for) and so many people praying for me I'll make it this time! God Bless all! ~~{{{{spiritual hugs}}}}~~ Bubb
0 Kudos
cindy16

Hi Mollie, It has been 16 days for me. I'm on chantix and I have had very few cravings. Habit I tried to change some before quitting. Sos far it is has been a pretty easy quit.How are you doing it patch, gum, cold turkey? Comd on the site and post alot. It seems to help. Cindy
0 Kudos
cindy16

Hi Kristen, How are you? Do you live live close to downtown area. I love Chicago. I could die on Michigan Ave. Me and my husband go there every year for a weekend.Todya is day 16 for me. I have only been up a little bit but going good.I have a doctor appt this morning so I woke up early. Thought I would drink some coffee and go on the computer before jumping in the shower.I'm excited to tell the doctor I quit smoking. Have a good day, Cindy
0 Kudos
pennex

Julie, be strong, yesterday I wanted to give up and I made it through the day. It was rough, just take one craving at a time, keep your hands and mind busy. Change your routines. I have 15 days quit and thought why give that up? I'll just have to go through this again! You can do this.
0 Kudos
cindy16

Julie hang in there. Take this as a challenge nicotine vs you.
  You are going to win. Don't ruin your quit. Come on. Nicotine will eventulally kill you, you do not need it. Mind over matter. Kepp busy. Come on the site and keep posting till your crave is over.We are all here for you. We are all going through the same feelings. Stay strong. Cindy
0 Kudos
cindy16

Your crying becuause emotions are running high. You are changing your entire life. Try to think of the positive. This quit is diffrent this time for me. Every other time I was always thinking of what I will be missing not smoking. Like in the summer sitting on the deck smoking, bowling smoking etc. Not this time. I'm only focused on what I'm gaining. Better helath, freedom from the nicotine etc. Focus and stay busy. Keep posting on the site if you need too. Nicotine is out of your system after 72 hrs. Alll mind games now. I have a dr appt and have to go to grocery store. Will post later around noon. Please stay strong. Cindy
0 Kudos
pennex

Julie, hang in there. Keep crying if you need to . . . let it all out. The quit is hard, but it will be worth it. What are your reasons for quitting? Do you really want to be a smoker again? I'll bet deep down you do not! Concentrate on the good things about quitting. Remember you don't want to go through withdrawl again!
0 Kudos
pennex

Julie . . . we are here to help, just talk with us.
0 Kudos
pennex

good for you! stay strong!
0 Kudos