Give and get support around quitting

mara

November Quitters

Wish me luck as I wish you luck!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
609 Replies
cindy16

Hi, I do not know about the lozenge. I'm on chantix. Today is day 14 for me. I'm feeling really good about this quit. You are doing great. Try to go on the computer while you drink your coffee.That is what I do every morning. Have a great day. Cindy
0 Kudos
cindy16

Hi Brenda. I did the same thing about a year ago. My husband and I quit together. He went and bought cigarettes, then I did the same. This time my quit is for me. He is still smoking. I changed habits prior. Took the med longer than directions said. Woke up one day and said I do not want to smoke anymore. That was 14 days ago. I have had about 3 crabvngs in 14 days. I went bowling last night. I had two coronas and did great. No cravings. I start a dance/aerobic class tomorrow night "Zumba" need ot go buy shoes today. I figure trying to keep myslef busy. Good luck. Post a message whenever you need support or feel bored. Cindy
0 Kudos
cindy16

Hi Brenda, Yes I'm on chantix. Yes wait a few weeks then start somehting. Cold here I need to do something indoors. My friend will join zumba with me. I can't believe how good my quit is going. I even have a little stress. I think I may have a cyst on my ovary. I go to the doctor on Tuesday. I have had some pain on my left side. I thought stress would trigger smoking. Not this time. Today I plan on going to buy some shoes for my zumba class and buy groceries. I'm making kid friendly dinner. My husband is hunting for a week. Cold here really do not even feel like going outside. Let me know how you are doing? Stay busy nap if you need too. Cindy
0 Kudos
kert

This is my first time viewing this site, Im usually good quitting for the first 3 days but after that im a wreck... Does the patches or gum really help????
0 Kudos
cindy16

Hi Kert, I'm on chantix. But I know people who quit on the patch. They left on 24 hrs even though they had wierd dreams. Try whatever you think may work.
  Cindy
0 Kudos
kert

Thanx cindy, whats chantix???
0 Kudos
cindy16

Its a medicine. You need to get a script from the doctor. It takes away the cravings.
  cindy
0 Kudos
cindy16

I hope so Brenda. I hope yo udo good too. I'm trying to get a hold of my friend about the zumba class. I hope she still wants to do it. They says you burn 500 calories in 1 hour. Will let you know what dr says on Tuesday. How is your day going?
  Cindy
0 Kudos
cram-cracker

Good stuff here. I take the commit lozenge and it seems to help. I think the mindset is most important and maintaning that mindset is very hard sometimes. 4 days in to it for me and things are going somewhat smooth.
0 Kudos
cindy16

Hi Brenda, Things are going good. Happy Birthday. I took the kids out for dinner. Kind of crabing a snack. May go buy something to eat after kids go to bed and I watch tv.My husband is hunting. Waiting for him to call. See if he got a deer. Plus he is in fantasy football he will want to know his score. Those Lions suck. Good thing we have the Pistons and Redwings.I will check in later. Hang in there. Be strong. We are all in this together. Cindy
0 Kudos