cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

JACKIE1-25-15

Notes for Today..7/14/21 .FOCUS and WAIT

Whether, happy, sad, lonely, tired, hungry, angry, anxious, depressed, sick, stressful, griefing, breakup, job loss, taxes and on and on. Logic: Can a puff from burning dead leaves dipped in poison solve the problem? Hmm, I hear you saying hmm. "Just one".  It is not the one cig but the one puff that will lead to another, 

A wise Elder once said,

"we are only one puff away from full-blown relapse". 

Education is the key The addiction to nicotine is the problem. /blogs/JACKIE1-25-15-blog/2019/02/01/know-the-law?sr=search&searchId=337f02f6-33a5-4d12-b915-eb19b2f... No matter what. NOPE (Not One Puff Ever). Get past it. Breathe deep and WAIT.  Of course, the thought of smoking will come but if you WAIT, in time those thoughts will be few and far in between.  No matter where you are in your journey be WILLING to WAIT.  Yes, you have to go through withdrawal but this is key...if you WAIT you will be able to stay on a forever journey of freedom from nicotine. 

Don't let the addiction create EXcuses for you. https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/best-of-ex/blog/2013/08/12/understanding-excuses?sr=search... 

Breathe deep, take out your handy quit kit Quit kit and WAIT. 

Focus on something else. /blogs/Youngatheart.7.4.12-blog/2013/02/25/100-things-to-do-instead-of-smoke?sr=search&searchId=166a... 

I learned to ride the wave./blogs/Thomas3.20.2010-blog/2019/10/02/surf-the-waves    It is not a fight. Let it flow and WAIT. 

Mentally prepare your mind to WAIT. 

Never give up, Never give in, hang tough, Stay close. Protect your quit.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
3 Replies
Carol6

@JACKIE1-25-15 Thank you. It's great to read these posts daily. I appreciate you taking the time to post something. Wish I had that type of creativity. Maybe one day I'll be to where you are and can contribute in this way.

Carol

Carol
There is always someone who needs your attention on ex. Let's ensure everyone has someone supporting them.
Tags (1)
JACKIE1-25-15

@Carol6  Thanks. I am glad that they are helping. Due to the new platform and failing eyesight this is the easiest way for me to contribute.  Most of us that remain doing for you and us too.  lol I believe you will. 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@Carol6  You're already contributing in your way.

Barb