cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

conniejean

Newbie!

Hey All,

I'm new here, taking Chanix and have been 'clean' for almost 2 weeks! Last night was the worst night ever! I swear some evenings lately are harder than the first few! I'm hanging in there though with the help and support of my family and close friends! Just remembering how my kids 'celebrated' when i told them i was giving this a real shot keeps me going!

Wish me luck! I know we can all do this and live healthier, happier lives!

C.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
edith2

Congradulations on your two weeks of being smoke-free. No matter what aide you're using to help you quit, it's still going to be tough. But the hard part is only temporary and very well worth the benefits you'll experience real soon!
0 Kudos
cheryl5

Hi,

I quit January 27th using Chantix. All I can say is hang in there. The stuff is great, just give it a chance. I don't know how long you smoked, but I was a smoker for over 30 years. I tried everything....patches, commit and the chantix was great because there is NO nicotine in it. I still miss it every now and then but the benefits of not smoking will far outway the cravings. You be fine!!
0 Kudos
conniejean

Thanks Cheryl,

Most of the time i agree, it's great stuff, but there are times, i think i could break through it! Not often, and i assume it gets easier with time! I smoked for 20+ years, it's like giving up a good friend along with giving up a bad habit and an addiction! Are you using the full 3 month prescription? Each day does get easier, but the side effects are sure wierd!

Thanks for the encouragement!

Connie
0 Kudos