cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Kcrigsby82

36 year old female and I had a heart attack on April 7th, 2019. I have smoked a pack to two packs a day for 10 plus years. I quit cold turkey 2 days after HA but unfortunately fell off the band wagon. I have a new start date and am waiting for my patches to come in the mail. I'm glad I found you guys. Count down 20 days till STOP. 

15 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

and Congratulations on making the decision to quit smoking. You have come to the right place to get support to quit smoking. Education is the key to a successful quit.  Start first by educating yourself on addiction to nicotine It is advisable to read Allen Carr's Easyway to Quit Smoking which can be found on pdf on the web.  Another good site to get info is www.whyquit.com.  There are several articles to read.  Nicotine 101 and Freedom From Nicotine My Journey Home.  Quitting takes planning and preparation go to EX Plan | BecomeAnEX  to decide how you are going to go about quitting. To get help on navigating the site go to. Community He lp‌. 

While withdrawal can be challenging, it can help if you look at the symptoms as signs that your body is recovering from the damage smoking has caused.

Many people find withdrawal symptoms disappear completely after two to four weeks, although for some people they may last longer. Symptoms tend to come and go over that time. Remember, it will pass, and you will feel better if you hang on and quit for good. Again Welcome, there is more to come.  If you have any questions you can do a search with the magnifying to respond glass type any keywords and research.  If you have any questions just ask and give us the opportunity to respond.  We are here for you. 

maryfreecig

Welcome to Ex. You'll never have to feel alone in quitting again. Ex is here to listen, here for you to be a part of to. One day at a time, you can find the quit you are looking for.

shashort

Welcome to EX. Glad you found us too.  Sorry to hear you had a heart attack and hope you have recovered from it.  Glad your making the decision to quit, We will be counting down with you and be your cheer leader, looking forward to walking your journey with you.  Do the reading mentioned above. Education and knowledge will give you power you need to fight this addiction.  Tell yourself you CAN do this. 

Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex.  Congrats on your decision to quit.

0 Kudos
Barb102

so happy you joined us!

0 Kudos
DonnaMarie

Welcome and congrats on your decision to quit. Looking forward to hearing more from you!

Donna