cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Hello, I have been a smoker since 1988. I quit for a year in the early nineties, due to a relationship I was in that didn't smoke. I started again after we broke apart, and have smoked ever since. Stress is a big trigger for me, and I hope to find some other ways to focus in my quit. I heard about this site through a television commercial, and didn't realize the number of people that reach out like me. It's a pleasure meeting everyone

0 Kudos
5 Replies
kdizzle2

Welcome aboard!  Newbie myself ( 4 days old ) on here.  Besides stress what is your "other" triggers (i.e. eating, drinking etc).  Are  you going cold turkey? 

Wish ya the best, there are great people on here that are very supportive. Hang tough!

0 Kudos

My triggers are drinking caffeine, eating, anything stressful in my life. What I am hoping to accomplish, is to put the cigarettes away forever without using my life changes as an excuse

0 Kudos
daisy6

Newbie was the name
Of my first blog post too. That was 68 days ago. WELCOME! You have come to the right place!

0 Kudos
newnicole

Hi Newbie, I wish you well on your journey. I am beginning my journey to free myself of this addiction as well. Do you have supporters that you can call and they will call and motivate you from time to time? I think that will be very helpful.

0 Kudos
baboo

Hi

0 Kudos