cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

kathykoehn

I have tried to stop smoking many times before this.  I actually haven't smoked since Nov 26th.  I was put in the hospital with pneumonia and fluid around my heart.  It is apparent that I really need to quit.  I have done pretty well this past week; but now it seems like it is getting harder. 

I am on steriods which make me jittery and uptight and then I struggle with irritation because of not smoking. 

Any help and advice would be helpful.

Kathy Koehn

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sdjw37

for me the hardest was around the 2 week mark after quiting, I just had to make up my mind that it was the right thing to do. I have blood and protein in my urine with stage 3 kidney disease and knew it had to be done. stick with it it got easier for me around 21 days. make up your mind and be strong.

good luck

122 days smoke free

0 Kudos
tarbori

hey dears

i am tarbori, smoking for the last 18 years and turning 35 on 18th of this month. my target dtae is 16th. so just preparing myself mentally. i am quitting becuse of my clumsy and boorish feelings when i get up in the morning. 

so this is my first attempt, letc see what happens.

i wish you guys all the best.

0 Kudos
mafulton

my second time quitting. first time was 6 weeks after a week in hospital. My spouse smokes, so it was hard on me even though we do not smoke in house. 

This time I am determined, but am still scared whether or not I am strong enough to do this. I pray I am. Have marked my triggers and eliminated over half of them.  Still a few that are very difficult.

Wish me luck as I wish you all luck

0 Kudos