cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

John-C.

Newbie Quitters

You can use this wall to introduce yourself and tell your story! Remember, this group is only for those who have stopped smoking completely (no matter for how long). We can use the advice of experienced EX's, too. I am on my 4th day (again), using this site much more and reading reading reading!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
444 Replies
nma015

As of yesterday, Monday, February 24, 2014, I am no longer smoking.  Its been well over 24 hours and so far, not too bad.  I am wearing the patch and have used 4 Nicorette lozenges since yesterday.  My hardest time is at night when I am home.  I have tried before and quit for short periods of time but this time I am determined to stay quit.  All the other times I've tried I never posted on the forum so I am hoping that taking this step is a positive sign!

0 Kudos
vwreynolds

Yeah me!!!   This is my 3rd day!!!  I had a very good day.  I have so many people praying for me to succeed and help me make this a reality.  I want to go on mission trips and witness to people for my Lord Jesus Christ.  I felt smoking was holding me back.  I know I have made the right decision.  

I have had a wonderful day.  I want to support others in this endeavor.  I gave this advice to someone earlier today.  When that craving hits you just get up and start cleaning while singing Jesue Loves Me!  It helped them and I know it will help you too.

0 Kudos

I'm preparing to stop smoking tomorrow, March 1st.  Preparing by removing all cigarettes and accessories from apartment. Haven't notified friends and family because I'm embarrassed. Have tried several times to stop and have failed. Will wait a few days before letting everyone know.  Set. March 2 to let my son and daughter-in-law when we're watch Academy Awards.  They are smokers and will need their support.

I have inhaler and Chantix ready for use.  Will begin today in preparation to stop tomorrow, March 1st

Need all the help and support I can get.  Reaching out to all of you who are just begining this process of stopping smoking.

Thanks, Mary Elizabeth

0 Kudos
lois2

this is my first day,  i quit sooooooooooooooooooo many time, this is my last.

0 Kudos
mrslovejoy

Well, I have tried many times to quit.  Today is my last quit day!  March 1, 2014.  I am quitting for health reason, financial reasons and mostly to stay alive to watch my Grandson grow up and be a success in his life.  My oldest daughter  and grandson live with me.  She still smokes.  No one has ever smoked in the house, only outside. But I smell her soon as she walks in the house.  I am using the patch and honestly feel ok right now. Just going to try and stay busy today and keep ice cold water in my hands all day.... hope everyone has a great, smoke free day!

0 Kudos
bebosmom

I'm getting ready to quit again X10 on March 5th,2014. It's the Beginning of lent and as a catholic its as good a reason as any to give up something i never wanted to start in the first place.

I've quit before. Didn't smoke for 10 years then all of  a sudden for some insane reason started again. The time is right . I hope I have the courage and conviction to succeed.

0 Kudos
lois2

2ND. DAY AGAIN. I AM SICK OF THIS.

0 Kudos
astine

Today, March 10, 2014 is my quit date.  The morning is going good so far!!!  God and I talked a lot last nite, and I feel confident I can do this. Reading all of the posts on this website are truly inspiring, and also truthful about the ups and downs of cessation....Congratulations to you all, we can do this together!

0 Kudos

Today is my 2nd day... using generic patches.  I think the nicoderm patches worked better... this sucks. Nap time!!!
0 Kudos
cody1976

Just wanted to stop by and let those of us who are just starting this journey to know it can be done. I am 346 days into my quit after smoking  2 packs a day for 20+ years. This place is a great place for support and ideas for beating this addiction. Also if i can offer any assistance just message me here and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Check out my blog as well, I try and inspire with each entry so that none will ever feel hopeless in their quit.

0 Kudos