cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Roller831

New Quitters Check In!

Hi!  I noticed there are several new quitters this week so I thought we could support you all in one place and you could each get to know your fellow quitters and support one another.

Are you new in your quit?  Did you choose to quit just before the holidays or did you quit on 1/1/2018?  Are you less than 30 days into your quit?

Let everyone know how you are doing!  You can check in here to support each other and get support from the /blogs/Giulia-blog/2017/06/18/elders-list-ao-december-7-2016?sr=search&searchId=37122da5-d471-4574-9...‌ or those who have some DOF (days of freedom) behind them!

Share the victories and the struggles.  You never know how it may touch someone.

294 Replies
Roller831

Never give up giving up!  Most of us have quit smoking more than once.  You are stronger than the sickarettes.  Go back to basics....make your Quit Kit.  Make sure you know why you started again.  Do the reading AGAIN or do the reading if you haven't.  Don't give up!  We are here to support you!

Roller

jsichi

Checking in..Day 5..Losing my freaking mind, but determined. 

Roller831

Glad you are checking in!  Make sure to read For Our New Years' Quitters (and community members, too)   There are many posts and links to posts in the comments to keep you busy for hours!

Welcome!  I know when I first found this site, many Elders told me to read read read….and I did.  Elders are those with one or more years of being quit.  If you like what someone has to say, then you may want to read their blogs.  I have some listed below.

A list of our Elders  ELDER'S LIST 

One of the first things I read was Alan Carr's Easy Way to Quit Smoking.  I purchased the book on CD and listened to it in the car on my way to and from work for 3 weeks over and over again.  It was well worth the money because this is my forever quit.

Your Quit Kit is very important those first few days and weeks Quit kit !

So here's the thing.....and you may not like what I am about to say....and that's ok.  I get it.  You need to accept that this is an addiction.  Before you do that, it will be much more difficult to quit and stay quit. 

Read read read.  Do the steps to PREPARE yourself to quit.  Do the steps so you are PREPARED on quit day and for the days AFTER quit day.  

Some of the things I read in my first few days that helped me:

Dale’s Welcome to New Members My Welcome To New Members (10 Years Of Watching) 

Youngatheart.7.4.12 Nancy’s Blog 101 Things to Do Instead of Smoke - Check out her other blogs as well since she is one of our wise Elders!

jonescarp.aka.dale.Jan_2007  Dale’s Blog What To Expect In The First Four Months which was already posted and linked to....this is a very good one as are his other blogs.

Visit Best of EX    

And read what has been posted there.

JACKIE1-25-15

Some of my favorite saying and abbreviations:

NOPE - Not one puff ever!

SINAO - Smoking is not an option

One step and then another will take you where you want to be - Larry, the Caravan Master (oldbones5358-Larry_10-21-2013 - read his blogs, too!)

I don't do that anymore! is a great one from Dale (jonescarp.aka.dale.Jan_2007)

One of my favorite blogs is from my time in NML (No Man's Land - around Day 30-130 of your quit)  Not getting caught in NML - Staying Quit 

Keep this site close and keep posting and asking for help.  You will get it.  You will get things you like and things you don't like, but don't give up!!!  We have been through similar experiences and can share our strength and hope.  We are here to support you!

Barb102

Jackie what’s DOF?

Barb

shashort

Barb102  DOF is days of freedom.