cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Roller831

New Quitters Check In!

Hi!  I noticed there are several new quitters this week so I thought we could support you all in one place and you could each get to know your fellow quitters and support one another.

Are you new in your quit?  Did you choose to quit just before the holidays or did you quit on 1/1/2018?  Are you less than 30 days into your quit?

Let everyone know how you are doing!  You can check in here to support each other and get support from the /blogs/Giulia-blog/2017/06/18/elders-list-ao-december-7-2016?sr=search&searchId=37122da5-d471-4574-9...‌ or those who have some DOF (days of freedom) behind them!

Share the victories and the struggles.  You never know how it may touch someone.

294 Replies
desiree465

Cutting back like you're doing is a very good idea. I've stopped medications like that abruptly and it was a terrible feeling. 

darnPainter

Psych meds are like that

0 Kudos
anaussiemom

Ok I quit last night!  Hoping for a full quit day today!  Im just sponging everything I can as I have been...  Fight or Flight for me..... I dont put that nasty oily substance called nicotine, in my body any  more.  !!

Verghese

Hi everyone,

Im a newbie and am on day 5 cold turkey.  Overall this quit is going well.  I definitely feel all the listed withdrawal symptoms and its not fun but I feel very supported by this community and this is the furthest i have been cold turkey.  The resources here have been very helpful and i think the support is really making all the difference. 

I have previously taken chantix and have had a very bad reaction and so my psychiatrist did not want me taking it again or trying zyban.  However i have been well established on a mood stabilizer and weekly therapy for many years so decided to go cold turkey to not prolong withdrawal.

Thanks for support

Verghese

Flojoe77

Hi everyone, I’m quitting and I’ve been on Chantix for 12 days, is anyone else on Chantix? 

0 Kudos
BigCountry78

Today is my day 9 on chantix and day 2 nicotine free

Sent from my iPhone

pktabron

yes, i am on Chantix!!!

0 Kudos
Roller831

Hello New Quitters and Welcome!  I am thrilled you all have taken to this thread and support each other!  That is what this community is about!  Keep up the great work!

Roller

kariley

Hi, I'm new to the boards and I'm 3 days in not smoking.  Feeling pretty good - just have a question.  Today, I seem to be coughing more, is this  just my lungs cleaning out, will it subside (hopefully)  I also have a headache today, but it's all good, this too shall pass as I'm on my way to becoming an EX.  

0 Kudos
Roller831

Welcome kariley‌!  The coughing is normal and is your body's way of getting that stuff out of your lungs.  Side effects of nicotine withdrawal can vary, but headaches are one symptom of withdrawal.  On the bright side, this too shall pass and you are well on your way in your quit!  The first 3 days can be the hardest for some.  You ARE an EX....keep up the great work!