cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Roller831

New Quitters Check In!

Hi!  I noticed there are several new quitters this week so I thought we could support you all in one place and you could each get to know your fellow quitters and support one another.

Are you new in your quit?  Did you choose to quit just before the holidays or did you quit on 1/1/2018?  Are you less than 30 days into your quit?

Let everyone know how you are doing!  You can check in here to support each other and get support from the /blogs/Giulia-blog/2017/06/18/elders-list-ao-december-7-2016?sr=search&searchId=37122da5-d471-4574-9...‌ or those who have some DOF (days of freedom) behind them!

Share the victories and the struggles.  You never know how it may touch someone.

294 Replies
darnPainter

Sorry I didn't do that right.  Dr Hayes posted a blog on the difference between wellbutrin and chantix dated Aug. 2, 2017

0 Kudos
anaussiemom

Can't find that link and no August 2nd 2017.  maybe Im not searching correctly??

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

anaussiemom wrote:

Can't find that link and no August 2nd 2017.  maybe Im not searching correctly??

What are you referring to? What is August 2nd 2017?

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
anaussiemom

Blog Post created by Dr.Hays on Aug 2, 2017

0 Kudos
anaussiemom

Thank you.

pktabron

Thank you!!!

darnPainter

For me, I smoked for the first week, (100mg) while on it. As the days went by, I found smoking less, and less  interesting. Even when I thought I wanted to smoke, and would light one, I would only smoke a few puffs and put it out cause it didn't taste the same. So, I guess yes, it did affect me in my brain chemistry. I realized if this was going to work, I still had to commit to a quit day. So on the 9th day, (300mg now), I had 3 cigs left that I threw away, including my (ass) trays, LOL, lighters, etc. and I started the JOURNEY. Bupropion lessened the withdrawal symptoms, but not completely. The first week was tough, but I wanted to LIVE more than smoke. Each week got easier and easier. I even helped my Mom who was dying from symptoms directly related to her 60ish yr smoking addiction during last xmas, and didn't even take a stupid puff. And that's huge... If ever there was a REASON to SMOKE! I am certainly not out of the woods, but I feel like I have a very strong chance to live, face, and cope with life without hiding behind a stinky smoke screen. This has been my experience thus far. Every ones journey is different. Compared to Chantix, wellbutrin was much easier for me.  

I'm Grateful to be free from a 38 year addiction and life just keeps getting better and better. Everyday I'm amazed how many aspects of my life were touch by tobacco. 

pktabron

Thank you so much. I will check out the blog from Dr Hayes. I have an appt to see Dr on 2/16/18, that's the sonnest I could get in to see her.

until then I will keep taking the chantix, but I am going to take half the dose.  Like last night. I feel better on half, and still do not wish to smoke.  I too light the cig, take a couple of puffs and put out. It doesn't satisfy like before, but still the urge to light and smoke is there.  So I light and dash it out, go figure?????!!!!! 

So sorry about your mom, 

thanks

Pam

darnPainter

Good luck Pam. If you feel better on half a dose, that's probably good. It's not healthy to abruptly stop Psych medication ever. I had  a friend say he quit wellbutrin that way and he had suicidal thoughts; and thoughts he wouldn't tall me about. He strongly recommended I didn't do that 😃 Good Luck

0 Kudos