cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Roller831

New Quitters Check In!

Hi!  I noticed there are several new quitters this week so I thought we could support you all in one place and you could each get to know your fellow quitters and support one another.

Are you new in your quit?  Did you choose to quit just before the holidays or did you quit on 1/1/2018?  Are you less than 30 days into your quit?

Let everyone know how you are doing!  You can check in here to support each other and get support from the /blogs/Giulia-blog/2017/06/18/elders-list-ao-december-7-2016?sr=search&searchId=37122da5-d471-4574-9...‌ or those who have some DOF (days of freedom) behind them!

Share the victories and the struggles.  You never know how it may touch someone.

294 Replies
kariley

Thank you!  I'm really feeling pretty good.  I believe that I am an EX now!!  I have no desire to go back to that lifestyle!  My son is really routing for me too, he's my inspiration!!  Thanks everyone!

I'm a Newbie  of 2 days, after 45 yrs. of smoking. I am disgusted to even say that out loud! As well as, admitting repeatedly to myself ...........this is an ADDICTION, not a BAD HABIT!  I Quit at least 8 to 10 times in my Life. I don't know, if I'll Ever Fully Understand, Why Even with my longest Quits ...I would Crash and Burn at 3 mos.???????? I now know part of the Answer is:   I AM AN EMOTIONAL STUFFER!!!! I do not like confrontation, arguments or rocking the boat...I believe while building this new Tool Box for this Quit, I did discover, some of the reasons for that Crash and Burn Syndrome.  I won't worry about that Now! Plenty of time to prepare for that DAY!

I'm thrilled to be here and found the site with a stop smoking search. This site is by far the BEST I've ever seen. I am using the 24 hr. CQ patches which seems to be controlling the Cravings better than other types of patches have in the past. Spent way more time putting together a Toolbox for this Quit. I do not feel as nervous or anxious as in the past.

Since I just had a virus that is going around our Senior Community...I am not sure how much of  withdrawal symptoms are the tobacco or some stuff hanging on from the bug?????????? Does matter, I guess... I have been dealing with headaches that come and go, but not as strong as in the past quits. I know a lot of the aches and pains are the health issues I already have, as well as withdrawals. I do have some cough going on, not productive. Kept very busy today. Changes activities often. Rainy and cold here so I could get outside. I would have preferred that option. Since I read a bunch of other posts...sounds like I am a having a Darn  Good Day despite Everything. I do find Spicy Foods help short circuit cravings for me. I made a pot of shrimp/black bean/corn/tomato/rice jambalaya soup. It's healthy, comforting and keeps snacking at bay. Sliced apples and left on counter to nibble on through afternoon.  After lunch with coffee, instead of a smoke, I had 1 mini Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate Mint. I was a heavy caffeine user and last fall I took care of that ADDICTION. Maybe that is while I am more Calm this Time? I weaned myself down to 1/2 caf coffee,then went to after lunch all decaf. I also weaned down on SickSticks before quit started. Some trouble with distractions today and mental focus. Plan a Nice Hot Soak after supper to Relax. As I put my patches on at night.

So thankful I found the site. My gratitude journal helps me a lot. I have kept a journal most of my life. 

MichelleDiane

Welcome PRAIRIEROSELADY.  You've given so much thought to this that I believe you will do this.  It's not so much putting the cigarette down, but learning not to pick it up.  Hope to see you around the community.

-Michelle

Sandy-9-17-17

Welcome PrairieRoseLady!   I feel from your post that you have a lot of energy!  That's good!  You will go through so many changes, and your aches and pains could be more due to your body going through changes from quitting....do be prepared! 

I too, was an EMOTIONAL STUFFER, and that is why so many times I failed at quitting.   It's going so much better this time around, I have 5 children, and two of them, ( girls ) and 1 of them ( boy ) cause me to be emotional  A LOT!  

Not this time however.....I can now say, it is what it is.....they are acting out and I am not going to re - act!    This is working for me...... So you may want to incorporate this phrase into your toolbox !   "IT IS WHAT IT IS"  

Welcome to EX, and it really is the best site out there as far as I am concerned.  So much love and support right off the bat!  

So much information to help you stay quit!  I look forward to seeing you around the community here, and believe me, you will also be someone else's support, sometimes without even knowing it!   Keeping a journal is a great way to track so many things, and I'm glad to see you add quitting to that list!  

Congrats on your decision to become and EX !   

Sandy

Keziah3737

New quitter post.  Yesterday was my first day.  I’ve tried to quit so many times before... and trying again.  Never made it more than a few weeks.  My 35th Bday is coming up next month and I want to say I’m a non-smoker on my bday, so no time like the present.  I will admit that I maybe thought about saving some half smoked cigs from my ashtray before throwing them out.  Gross, I know.  But, let’s do this!  This is my present to myself!  

Sandy-9-17-17

Wow....what a great present to give yourself Keziah3737‌  It's perfect, really!!

Congrats and your whole self will thank you for becoming a quitter!  make sure you setting yourself up for 

success by getting around on this site and reading all the recommended material that will be presented to you!  

See you around the site!   This is a great place to hang out your successes, your difficulties, and just over all posts!

Welcome to EX!

Sandy

Roller831

Congratulations on Day One turning into a Day WON!  Keep stacking up those days!  That will be the BEST birthday present ever!

0 Kudos
tiredlady

I am fairly new.  I have been chewing the mint flavored gum.  It works best for me.  I have several health problems and it is the safest choice.  I had tried everything.  I had utbad reactions to all of them.  The gum and I get along fine.  I have had some headaches, but mainly I get really sleepy and hungry so eating much more than usual.  I am going to add to my walking.  The winter has cut down on the walking.  So far the big plus for me is breathing so much easier.   I will start to do something out of old habits and all of a sudden I remember I don't smoke.  Lol

anaussiemom

Your doing amazing!  tiredlady 

0 Kudos
tiredlady

Thank you!!!

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 11:36 AM, anaussiemom <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>