cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Karin12

Needing help

Hi I was unable to start on my start date and continue the tomorrow thing.  I am needing help to remove the glue stuck on the box to my hand. I have COPD for 4 and a half year and still smoking, knowing I am killing myself faster. Hoping someone can help me as my home based support is very poor. I really need the help as I am desperate. regards Karin

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
gma-of-4

Hi Karin, 

I just joined today I dont know how to add friends but I would like to be a support person for you I want to try and visit the site daily multiple times as my online schooling allows me the time to.

its easier for someone else to tell you that you should quit , Im new at all this but willing to help if I can

0 Kudos
Karin12

Hi gma

I am also new to the site and dont know where to find the support. Not sure

where we find the friends, so just put it out here. Thank you I it would be nice

for the support. I have long past my quit date, but still smoking. Should I set a new date?  Have you quit?

0 Kudos
bellringer40

Hi Karen, I just joined today with my quit dated on 1/17.  I've had terrible bouts with bronchitis and pneumonia for the last 6 months and I can relate to what you are going through.  I've smoked for 38 years and this is the first time i have tried to quit so I don't quite know what the challanges will be yet but I think if we can all support and encourage you and us as a team, we can do it and help you to do it as well.  I will add you as a friend when I figure out how!  Hang in there!

0 Kudos
beamer20

Hi Karin, I am new to this also and understand this is hard to put yourself out there but the fact that you did that is really good. Go to your home page and do a blog post and friends will come.  I am on day 3 and let me tell you once you get to your quit day the anxiety of quitting lifts and then you just go through the motions.  

We all have those thoughts in our heads about smoking, I'm having one right now, that is why I am on here.  Also read some blogs for inspiration.  We are all here for you and wish you luck.

Brenda

0 Kudos
karenstrength

I went past my quit date, too.  Then I found this site and set a new quit date and am doing all the things this site recommends to prepare.  I do think you are supposed to set a new quit date.  I am working on the counting my cigarettes and 'separating from my triggers'.  Unfortunately, I can't always get to the site, so I am having to remember back through the day and try to enter the cigarettes and remember how strong my desire to smoke was, etc.  I am feeling very hopeful.  I hope you will stick it out, too and we can become smoke free with the help of each other and others on this site.  I have no home support, either.  

0 Kudos

Hi Karin,

We have all been there.  Hang in.  I am brand new to this site and this group.  And I have teid to quit on numerous occasions.  This time, I am taking the road of my freinds and family who are AA'ers.  "One day at a time"  And someitme that has to be broken down into "one hour at a time."

It's OK that you missed your quit date!  Just keep at it and stay positive.  You CAN do this!  It just takes a H of a lot continued effort. 

WE will all quit together!  🙂

Peace,

Mark

0 Kudos
dennisad

I'm a start over quitter...I've tried to quit many times in the past but I keep picking up that nasty habit again and again much to my wife's chagrin. I am hoping to make it permanent this time! Hope all you do too!

0 Kudos