cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

JACKIE1-25-15

The steps start here.

I was waiting for something to happen for me to quit.  It never did, even when or if it did, I didn’t.  Does that sound like someone you know?    As I look back I would have quit for all the wrong reasons.  Everything and everybody but myself.  I believe until I really did if for myself it was only a trial.  Now I am here, gave myself the best birthday present ever and quit 448 days ago and now for me smoking is not an option. SINAO

I read so many times the severe medical issues for one to quit, yet the struggle is real and continues.  Why? I ask myself.  When we know we have health problems why continue to poison your body?  Yes poison.  Each day that we continue to smoke we are slowly killing ourselves.  We are aware of the consequences but why continue to ignore the warnings?  Why do we get stuck and just can’t take that step?  The answer: nicotine addiction and what we have been telling our brains for years.   “I need, want,  got to have a cigarette”.    It is the biggest lie we ever told ourselves.

Until we relearn this “stinkin thinkin” we will continue to be stuck.  If you haven’t gotten to the road of recovery and you are still watching and lurking in the background or even in the state of relapse, I challenge you today to step up to the plate and say NO MORE slavery.   I am, done!.  Tell yourself that you “don’t need it” and you will not continue to make EXcuses to kill yourself.  Believe that you deserve to be free.  Know that you can and  will do whatever is necessary to be free.  Break the chains that keep you stuck in addiction.  

There are so many resources just on this site and others if you really take the time.   Yes, time because it does not happen overnight.   Start with educating yourself about nicotine addiction and reprogramming your thoughts about smoking.  Our hands reach out to you to take the first step.    

Take baby steps and follow the guideline on this site.   We will do our best to hold you up until you can walk on this journey.  I challenge you today to set that date.  Are you willing to accept the challenge This challenge is “doable”.   Don’t wait for something to happen.   Do it for yourself today.  Tomorrow may be too late.  Get started NOW.  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
TerrieQuit

"Take baby steps and follow the guidelines on this site". You said it , Jackie. This is a great blog! Thanks and have a great day!

I Won't Quit on my Quit!

0 Kudos
Christine13

Today I will stay solid and not smoke!!  I am using cold water, and just went for a walk in the rain.  Thank you for the inspiration and your words, I have ignored health warning signs way too long.  I am doing this now for myself, regardless of what happens with my husbands health.  I HAVE to, there is no choice about it!!

Thanks so much for your wise words!

0 Kudos
jacks1125

Congratulation on 445 days of smoke -freedom ..taking baby steps, great point.

0 Kudos