cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

SRMezler

Need help

Hi everyone. My name is Sally. But everyone calls me Nonna. I used this website to help me to stop smoking. I am happy to say I am going on 7 years of not smoking. This website works. Saying that I am wondering how the non smokers are doing with this virus. I am 73 years old with COPD. I have stayed in. Has anyone else going crazy? Any advise for my nerves. Anything would be appreciated.

10 Replies
maryfreecig

Congratulations on 7 years and counting! The isolation is annoying at best... 

A few months ago I wrote a list to go by each day. I printed it out, so I'd start with a fresh list each day:

• Appreciate
  • Forgive everything
  • Honor the journey, embrace the gift
  • Communicate, express, share
  • Explore options
  • Be more childlike
  • Give support when it is the right thing to do
  • Expect (not demand) good things in the futre
  • Near term, one step, then the next
  • What do I want? Do I know? Did I ask?
  • Don't run away, face things
  • Respect others
  • Don't second guess
  • Speed up acceptance of negative experiences, move forward
  • Connect (however possible)

After this list I write out business of the day whatever that may be. It's my job to make the bulleted list my priority, the business of the day (chores, to-dos) comes after that.

Each morning I look over yesterday's list and quickly note whether I did the things on the bulleted list, tried, could do better and so on. I had plans when Covid 19 came on, and stayed, and stayed, and stayed, and stayed... So, I decided I'd just do my best one day at a time. So far it's working. But it is tiring. 

Sometimes we just need to know from trusted souls that we are not alone. Definitly Ex is here for you. And there are a load of new comers who could use the voice of experience such as yours.

Likely you are a wiz at coping having quit smoking and gone through the rigors. My general suggestion--think outside of the box!

Nice to meet you!

Sincerely,

Mary

0 Kudos