cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

michael23

My quit day is tomorrow (4/14/2008) wish me luck

Tomorrow is my quit day, any tips would be apprecited.
0 Kudos
16 Replies
michael23

Hi Ashley. My quit day was on Monday and I'm doing pretty well. When is your quit day?
0 Kudos
ashley34

I quit April 6th. Still haven't smoked a single cigarette.
I wish you the best of luck!! Keep me updated on how it goes, its nice to hear of other peoples stories.
-ashley
0 Kudos
ashley34

Thank you so much! I'm just happy to know when i walk by someone i don't reak of cigarette stench and no more covering myself in perfume before i walk into work, haha!!
So as of right now im just trying to keep my mind busy, and distract those brain demons. I feel great, but my brain is a mess. I never thought something that is so good for you could be the hardest thing ive ever had to do! haha.
So its your fourth day, how are you feeling?? they say once you make it past day three you've gotten through the hard part.
Hope everything is going good!!!!
0 Kudos
michael23

April 6th that's awesome, great job. Are you starting to get you sence of smell and your taste buds back yet? I bet food tastes totally different now. WOW today is your 11th day that is so cool. GREAT JOB!!
0 Kudos
michael23

Things are going well. My craving are not as frequent anymore but I'm still chewing the gum. I've been trying to workout to keep the weight off and that is going pretty good (Down 5lbs this week). I do agree with you too about the smell it's nice not reaking of cigs anymore. Keep up the good work and good luck to both of us.
0 Kudos
jen28

hi michael, I hope you are still doing well! I haven't quit yet so people like you are an inspiration. Reading all the things people do...their hints to stay focused helps too. Someone wrote that they just think of them selves as never having smoked...don't let it enter their thought that they want one..they replace the thought with they just don't smoke...kind of a mind game but if it works... I'm going to try it. I'm gearing up to quit but don't have a quit date yet. I think I'll try Chantix. Good luck and i hope you are still doing well!
0 Kudos
michael23

Hi Jen, You're right on getting yourself mentally ready before you pick a date, then once you pick your date you'll hit the groung running. Keep me posted on your quit date. I'm rooting for you. Remember you can do this.
0 Kudos