cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

mystic

JUST QUIT APRIL 6TH ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED

HI.WELL I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT ON APRIL 6TH I NOTICED THAT I DID NOT SMOKE A CIGARETTE,SO THE VERY NEXT DAY I SAID TO MYSELF LET ME TRY THAT AGIAN TODAY.I SAID THIS TO MYSELF EVERYDAY FROM THAT DAY ON AND NOW HERE IT IS APRIL 18TH AND I HAVE NOT SMOKE A CIGARETTE SINCE THAT DAY,I FEEL THAT I AM ON MY WAY AND ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ashley34

You are on your way, and trust me quitting now for good is the best thing for you and for your future.
no more spending money on cigarettes, taking time out of you life to "step outside for a minute", no more wreaking of smoke walking into you work. theres so many reasons to quit, and not one reason why you shouldnt. i wish you the best of luck, and help is here if you need it.
0 Kudos
Susan59

Congratulations Connie! You have made it through some of the toughest days! The best advice I can give is to just promise yourself that you won't smoke each day. Taking it day by day makes it much easier. Every morning I pledge to another group I belong to that i will not smoke for that day. It really helps. If you do get the urge just remember that it will only last 3 minutes!

I keep mints around and that helps me especially in the car. A site like this also is a big help because you know you aren't alone and there are always people who understand and who will help. 🙂

You can do this!!

Susan
0 Kudos