cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

lashonda23

I been trying to quit smoking since a year ago...still no success..help?

I been trying to quit smoking for so long but my stress levels are through the roof. I now find myself having panic attacks when I get really stressed. I tried the Chantix but it severely aggravated my stomach and I felt sick all the time. I tried cutting back a little each day, but some days are worse off than others and I see myself backsliding.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
pam5

I know what you mean about backsliding.....I have not tried any drugs to quit, mainly because I'm afraid of yet another addiction I cannot handle. I quit once before over 15 years ago, but there have been many tragedies, challenges and stresses since that time and I feel like I don't have what it will take this time around!
0 Kudos
kj-1

Lashonda,

Dont despair, i quit chantix once because of the stomach thing. Started back again with chantix cause i really want to quit. LIve with the gas and nausea if you can. Take lots of fiber and water. It helps with the constipation. Good Luck
YOU CAN DO THIS!
lashonda23

Well, first thing, we got to stop thinking negative. You did it before for 15 years! wow that's great! Are not still yourself since then? what made you quit before? what was that motivation? I'm still trying to figure out that question myself...lol. but believe me when i do figure it out it's not turning back.
0 Kudos
lashonda23

I may give it another try, but that was the most awfulest feeling ever, i stuck it out for 2 weeks but i was starving myself because i was so naseated.
0 Kudos