cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

CollinsK92

My quit date

My quit date is on the 19th of August and I am also starting school on that day. I’m nervous because I was able to quit once before for a month and I tried again recently, without success, before finding this place. Is there any advice anyone could offer me to put me in the right direction? I used to think I could just quit and be fine, but that has not turned out to be the case at all. 

Tags (1)
21 Replies
Giulia

The gum is an AID.  It doesn't relieve all cravings.  In my opinion you have to have set up a good preparation first.  Your head has to be in the right place.  It helps to know as much of the journey upon which you're about to embark as you can so that as many surprises as possible will be eliminated.  If you feel strong in your commitment and preparation, then sure, you can start your quit sooner.  The length of time suggested is simply for the educational time most think is necessary before embarking on such a 'strenuous path,' shall I call it.  Many quits fail because the necessary homework hadn't been done.  You don't run a marathon without training first.  You're the boss of your journey.  If you think you're ready, that you're educated about this addiction and have gained the necessary skills, that you understand why you may have failed in the past and made new plans for not letting that happen again - then you go for it.  You know you better than we do.  What we know is the addiction.  And we know how changeable it can be and have seen the tricks and traps that people fall into when they haven't first educated themselves.  (And that doesn't mean just reading an Allen Carr book.)  If you allow no excuses, you'll be fine.  Maybe.   I have a 13 year quit.  I gave myself a month of prep work.  Just sayin'.   

indingrl

Welcome and education is the key and reading the blogs and reading the info here from the EX team and the blogs from the EXteam also watching the early death video's at whyquit.com - and blog BEFORE taking that first puff over YOU - please take what HELPS and let go of the test to be HELPFUL is MY only aim - thank you - gentle hug 

0 Kudos