cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

My husband is still smoking

I need some advice as to what to do with myself when my husband is going in the other room to smoke. Today is my second day of quitting and this is really tough

0 Kudos
22 Replies
elvan

You are doing great.  I talked about my quit constantly at the beginning.  There was only one other person at work who smoked and I seriously think she is never going to quit, no matter what.

YOU, on the other hand have made it through your first week or as we affectionately call it "Hell" Week.

0 Kudos
c2q

I like the way you think. You ask what you can do in the room that your husband has left to go smoke. What an analogy that is! He has to get up and leave to smoke - you are in a smoke free room!

If you are serious with your question about what to do, look around the room. Get rid of everything in it that reminds you of smoking. An eye opener for me was washing the walls of a room where someone used to smoke heavily. The grimmy, dingy surface actually turned out to have a beautiful color to it when the smoke scum was cleaned off. Think of your life like that. Healthy and bright, smoke scum gone.

You can do this thing. I can tell. I hope you write more!

0 Kudos

I am done with day 6 now and feeling pretty good. Cravings now and again especially when I’m at home. I started coloring in coloring books with my little one when my hubby goes to smoke or if I am just having a bad craving. It seems to be working. I also quit caffeine and alcohol too. Funny but the only thing that is hard is the cigarettes. Go figure. 

Thank you for the kind words. It definitely gave me a boost of self confidence to keep this up!!

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

0 Kudos