cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DOCmarkC

March Quitters

I wonder if we start getting a bunch of new members starting late this month?
  Then we will have the '08's and the '09's!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
767 Replies
kate8

Hi. My name is kate. I lost a 3 month quit because of (1) puff. Just 1 puff lead to 1 smoke which lead to another, to another, to a pack and back to a full smoker. Its taken a while but here I am March 20th 2010 quitting for what I want to be my last, my finale time. I Cannot think of 1 thing good that they do for me. I sure don't calm down when I smoke. I feel like s**t because I am smoking. So heres to a smoke free life for all of us. We can do this. Just depends on how bad we really, really want it.

One day, 1 hour, 13 minutes and 41 seconds. 42 cigarettes not smoked, saving $7.35. Life saved: 3 hours, 30 minutes.

0 Kudos
lois2

still not smoking, that is good , it was cold here to day. glade i did not have to go out  side and smoke, let's stay smoke free.

0 Kudos
pattymint

It is still March and I am still not smoking!

Woo hoo!!

Tthe month of March has always been kinda uneventful for me. I do have some Irish in me, and my name is Patty, but I have never given a rats rectum about celebrating St. Patricks Day. I hope that doesn't offend anyone! My coworkers were giving me a tough time for not wearing green and were threatening to pinch me on St. Pats Day. I told them that I don't wear green so that if anyone pinches me I have an excuse to deck em!

So now I can celebrate March 5th as my first day to be  smoke free!

So ya...

Happy March Quit everybody!

0 Kudos
rammman

I QUIT MARCH 1ST allright soooooofar,things seem better this time, maybe practice does make perfect.tried a couple times before, went 3 months last time.depression got the best of me.

0 Kudos
jennifer5366

TDonnelly: I am right behind you! My quite date is 03/26/10. I will be on vacation until 04/01/10 and am hoping that being in a different environment and being busy and having lots of distractions will make the first week go smoothly. I am worried about coming home...

Thomas: good for you for not spending any more money on cigarettes! Great for you to have a quit date be the first day of Spring! Human for you to be going nuts right now. Be patient with yourself. You can do this!!!

Rammmam: Good for you!!!!!! You are doing GREAT!!!! And you are a positive example too! Keep it up!

Pattymint: You are beautiful, you are blunt, you have determination. I can tell these things from reading your comments. You can do this!

Lois: you are a breath of positive reinforcement! Thank you!!

RoxyGirl: "A positive mind is a healthy mind and a healthy mind helps heal the body." Those are poweful words! Stay positive girl!!!!

0 Kudos
marie51

Is it okay to join this group, my quit day is 3-29-10.  I went to read Bryans book and have decided to print it for friends and family to read.  it too hard for me to read on screen.  Five years ago I had a strroke and several tia'a and they messed up my eyes I haven't been able to read books papers or magazines since so I listen to books on tape, which is great but not like reading. I'd like to thank the good people that responded to my first blog, your all great.  I'm a little more relaxed today, my smoke accer gave me this site so I CALLED HER TODAY AND TOLD HER WHAT A GREATT SITE THIS WAS.   NEWS FLASH

I saw my first robin today and made my wish, spring is coming folks, we in Michigan are a little cold today but it'll get better.

Sounds like your all doing great, I wish all of you the best.

I was out of my nerve pills all week-end but I have them now and I'm feeling better, yes I'm addicted to addivan 1mg. and will stay that way with my health and bad nerves they're one thing I most likely will stay on.  I know how to slowly take myself off drugs I've done it befor so maybe someday when I'm a non smooker I will get off them.  m vises cig. and vicadin, no so bad.

have a great day I'll be back later.        Marie

0 Kudos
karen0802

Hi all,

Not having a good day. Ended up at the ER yesterday from a severe allergic reation. Been told by my PCP office to stop the Wellbutrin and lozenges, as either of them or both could have caused the reaction. Now on Prednisone for the next 3 days to combat the welts all over my body. I am now in such a negative state of mind... how can I do this cold turkey when I have tried and failed so many times. Sorry, for bringing down the mood... but I am still smoke free while trying to figure out my next plan of action... Stay strong everyone.. keep going!

Karen

0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Kristina and I smoked my last death stick around 11:30-45ish, just before midnight on Sunday, March 7th, 2010!!! I smoked less of my last pack, each day, until I had 1 left on Sunday night. Combined with literature, stategic planning and Bupropion (Wellbuteron) . . . it's gotten easier & easier, by the day! The further I get away from my past quit day, the farther I feel from the bondage of addiction that once enslaved me. I hardly even think about it anymore and now consider myself a non-smoker. And when a stressful moment does cause it to cross my mind, I push it out with either playing with my children, doing something active or reaching for a healthy snack. I've been reading lots too. I'm sick right now with bronchitis but it's understandable from everything I've been reading, the body's cleaning all the poisons out that's been contaminating it for SO long. I've smoked since I was 16 & I'm now 34. That's a long time, 18 years. The couple of weeks before i quit, I was preping myself with "Quitting Smoking for Dummies", very helpful & informative. It warned me about becoming sick after quiting as the toxins leave my body. 18 years worth of toxins. It's definately worth checkin' out at your local library!!!

0 Kudos

Karen:  So sorry to hear of your allergic reaction.  I know you're scared of failing on cold turkey.  I'm on day 3 and I've been scared all day of failure! Being at work was SO HARD!  Plus I found a forgotten pack of cigs - Can you believe it!  But I'm not giving up NO MATTER WHAT!  Cigs went in the trash ( I was tempted to dig them out) and I got through my work day.  You and I haven't worked this hard just to give up now NO WAY!!!  WE CAN DO THIS - WE WILL DO THIS!  Courage isn't about not being scared - it's about being scared and getting through it anyway!  

0 Kudos
lois2

Thomas ,i am proud of you day 3is always hard for me , Roxie , Pattymint,ramman,jennfer, Marie i am proud of you all hang in there we can do this, it is a long rocky road, but we are going to s================mooth it out. good luck.

0 Kudos