cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DOCmarkC

March Quitters

I wonder if we start getting a bunch of new members starting late this month?
  Then we will have the '08's and the '09's!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
767 Replies
brodertr

Count me in - 7 days cold turkey as of this AM!

0 Kudos
nitro2

have been smoke free for 8 days now.  Feel great.  Although lifes little challenges try to get the best of me but i'm determined to hold strong.  The urges are still there.   Thank god for the cinnamon toothpicks though. I will get through this. 

0 Kudos
sarah98

Hey all, I quit on March 8th - so a little over 2 weeks now. I'm wondering from anyone else out there - my cravings this past weekend and the beginning of this week have been very strong. Almost as bad as the first week? Anyone else experience this? I'm stil staying strong, but don't remember these cravings coming on this late when I've quit before.

0 Kudos
sfox8

Hi, my name is Sara, and I haven't had a cigarette since March 19.. so March 20 is my start of being smoke-free! I'm using nicotine gum to help with the cravings but haven't had much difficulty with re-adjusting my habits. The other day I realized I went to fill up the gas tank and the thought didn't occur to me to go inside and buy a pack of cigarettes! I was very excited. So here's to 3 days, 20 hours, and 1 minute down... and many many more to come. Congratulations to everyone that has quit so far, and good luck to everyone thinking about quitting!

0 Kudos
wanda4

I'm in March 22, 2010 was my quit date ... so tday is ummmm day two!!!

0 Kudos
i_can_do_this

St. Patty's Day was day 1 for me.  Stay Strong!!!!!

0 Kudos
marie51

Hi Moe and Everyone, I'm going to stick to my personal quit day of 3-29  4-5 seems too far away, maybe I'm wrong but we'll see

I'm still smoking but at least alf as much. it stiill hurts me and I should stop right this minute but know me better than that, I'm alone alot because my Husband works long days and I'm no good alone.  It's 7 pm and I have to fix supper now so I'll be back tomorrow.

Bless All of You quiters and all of us working towards the quit.

Sincerely,

Marie

0 Kudos
lois2

hi EVERY BODY ,sdewbre i know what you mean this makes 14 days for me, i wanted a cig, so bad for 3 days. it seen like day 123 all over, it will be better soon as it get out of my head, hang in there every body, we CAN do this.

0 Kudos

Hey you non-smokers!  Did you all know that today is Kick Butts Day?  This is my day 5 and I can tell you for sure that I never would have made it this far if it weren't for our group.  Special thanks to Lois and Pattymint.  You have helped me more than words can say!  THANK YOU and hang in there all.  We are strong - we can do this!!!!

0 Kudos
tina81

Hi, I quit March 22nd. i thought after 3 days it would get easier, but it isn't. I'm doing the gum. I get depressed..seriously depressed when i quit. It hasn't happened yet. Have any of you felt this? I am committed but sooo scared. Depression is my deal breaker. I called doc, but he wasn't in. I am doing whatever I need to do to saty quit. I'm 46 and alreday have emphysema. Genetics sucks. My Mom died and so did my Dad. I'm very tiny and so my Dr. said I have tiny lungs. I would trade anyone who has an eating d/o who has good lungs!! genetics isn't always a god thing if you know what I mean.....

Lets hope we can make it to April..one day at a time.

Thanks for listening!!

0 Kudos