cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DOCmarkC

March Quitters

I wonder if we start getting a bunch of new members starting late this month?
  Then we will have the '08's and the '09's!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
767 Replies
peggy-beck

how's everyone doing any advice for a new comer
0 Kudos
heidi8

Dear Peggy, I am new to this too, but this is NOT my first attempt either. I would say use all the help you can get from whomever, wherever it comes. This is not what I did before...tried to go it alone, almost and was more successful than in the past but, here I am having to quit again. Pray, laugh, cry, scream but, DON'T pick up another smoke after you put 'em down. You will not feel good about it and it is maddening and cyclical. God bless you!
0 Kudos
tomee

I decided to quit in March over Spring Break; no tests, no organizations or responsibilities, just a spa appointment and NO cigarettes.
0 Kudos
heidi8

Good luck! Spa appt. sounds fabulous! Have you done your homework to get ready or are you just going cold turkey? Blessings! Heidi
0 Kudos
tomee

The spa was a Valentine's gift (I have a great man by my side in this effort of mine), and yes, I am re-learning my habit, as well as noticing just how routine my life is. Odd how you pay attention to one thing, and notice an entire set of 'sameness' in a day. I am waking up on the 2nd and not touching a cigarette again.
0 Kudos

Hi I am new to this site. I need all the support I can to become an ex smoker. Sometime I just want a place where I can type and talk about this. I wll also listen to others,who need to talk. Sherry
0 Kudos
dana18

Just wanted to add the group and make it official! My quit date is March 28. I have my plans in place and this is my first attempt so I am hopeful! Good luck to all of us March exers and I wish us all happy long lives smoke free!
0 Kudos
kevin-harris

Hiya everybuddy,,, call me Hoss.
  I recently had my oldest brother die fgrom smoking. My father did in Jan. of '95 and my sister in June of 2006, so I guess I'm kinda genetically- if not by mere force of habit predisposed. I don't wanna BE PREdisposed. My brother's birthdate id March 21.This will also be my quit date. I am in recovery from booze and have been for 8 years of Just For Today. I am also a firm believer in Yoda's saying to Skywalker... Do or Do Not... there IS no TRY!! I'm with Bobby.. Let's get er done
0 Kudos
nancy-larkins

Hello everybody,
  My quit date is March 30 and I am extremely excited and very much looking forward to a smokeless life. I know my quality of life will become much better and I can actually hangout everywhere and not have to look for a place to smoke before entering a place. I have my family behind me, but it always helps to have people to understand what I am going through and that's where you all come. Good luck to everyone. Time to turn the page in our novel of life and start a new chapter. I'm Ready!!!!
0 Kudos

I too am looking forward to a smokeless life and smelling better. It seems like everyone notices when you smoke now days. I don;t like feeling like I did someting wrong when someone looks at me.
0 Kudos