Give and get support around quitting

barbara42

June Quitters

yea!!!!!!!!!!we got featured!!!!!!!!!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
525 Replies
lois2

it is good to be able to smell . and i can smell my son he still smokes. every body is doing good keep it up.
0 Kudos
jennifer53

Day 50 for me...wow, almost 2 months. I feel great! The only time I have any cravings is when I drink and even then not to bad. Yay : )
0 Kudos
kristen14

Im with you Mlynne, Smokers smell different, my husbands smoke does not bother me but the way he smells AFTER does. The other day I had a Dr's appt and the nurses were smoking at the side of the building but the smell burned my nose so bad I had to hold my breath to get in! When I saw my Dr I said.."I'm so glad I worked so hard to quit smoking only to get lung cancer walking into the Dr office!" He wasnt happy with the nurses, but as a health car professional they should know better anyway. So today I became "THAT" Ex smoker lol
0 Kudos
cindy-mc

Hey, Maria, MLynne and Kristen - I feel the same way about the ROUTINE of smoking -- especially the part about making sure you have enough cigs if you are going somewhere, having a back-up lighter, oh, and lots of cold drinks! No More! I think about the freedom from smoking a lot...especially when a craving sneaks up (I'm on about 31 days now). It is getting easier to deal with those urges, thank goodness. The only thing I am working on is finding a good substitute behavior for lighting up when I take a break from work or chores. The "break time" is when I really miss smoking. But, as time goes on, that feeling gets less and less.
0 Kudos
joe-williams

I told one of my co-workers that I was going to take up knitting so when I go outside to take a break, I'll have something to do with my hands. My rock band will be in a recording studio friday night, looking forward to that because you can't even think about smoking around that equipment. It ought to drive the rest of them crazy. It's a little sad to see them smoke as young as they are, and to think what they will be going through one day. Wow. Everybody eventually quits!! One way or the other.
0 Kudos

Today is day 31!!! still hard at it. It still takes alot to fill my days and find the energy to start new things. Coffee doesnt taste that good anymore 😞 which is sad because that is my other addiction, I guess I can go ahead and get rid of that one too!!!
0 Kudos
kristen14

Congrats Cheryl! Your doing great! no turning back now!!
0 Kudos
lois2

Good job Chery Lee Derrick. coffee don't taste the same but i still drank it.We have a long way to go . but we will hang in there.
0 Kudos
jennifer53

Glad to see most of us June quitters are still hangin' in there!

Jenni - Free and Healing for Two Months, Two Days, 17 Hours and 32 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 4 Days and 10 Hours, by avoiding the use of 1275 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $280.51.
0 Kudos
cindy-mc

As of today, 45 days smoke free and breathing better, thank you very much! Now I am working on losing weight (was fat before I quit smoking...in my world, a cigarette DOES NOT take the place of chocolate) and exercising. Quitting smoking is hard...but the hardest part for me was making the decision to quit and sticking to that decision. What stopped me from quitting before was the fear/anxiety of not smoking...you can't deal with that fear unless you really do quit.
0 Kudos