Give and get support around quitting

hollu

July Quitters

Decided not to wait on July...I quit!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
372 Replies
lois2

Hi everyone hope all is still smoke free. i am on 46 days feel good to be smoke free. BY
0 Kudos
christine12

Hello all, thank you for your kind words. I just turned on addiction into another one but a healthier one, exercise.
0 Kudos
savanna-g

seeing how the rest of the July quitters are doing! Went another night around a smoker while drinking and didn't smoke! Last cigarette was july 5, 2009 (before went to bed)
0 Kudos
savanna-g

I haveto say, I have been having a hard time with the fact that I gained weight though.
0 Kudos
savanna-g

my 2 months mark was yesterday , so today is my 9 weeks mark
0 Kudos
lynne4

Savanna - our quit date was the same, glad to hear you are doing well!! It is getting easier! I gained a few pounds too, but that is so worth not smoking. I have to get back on an exercise program!!
0 Kudos
lois2

I am proud of you all keep it up you can tell i am a Arky
0 Kudos
missy6

Hi Everyone! Just wanted to say that I am now smoke free for over 2 months. and I havent worn a patch in 3 weeks. It feels really awesome! I just want to thank anyone who talked with me when I was in the first couple of days of my quit...it was hard, but each day that goes by is so much easier...

its funny cause now I kinda laugh when I get a fleeting trigger. Just this weekend I attended a meeting of an organization that I was a member of in college. The meeting was running long, and I got a trigger...it made me smile, because I used to feel that trigger all the time in college and I would walk out and have a cigarette! It was incredible to know that I didnt need to have a cigarette and I could make it through this long meeting!

Thanks everyone! Ive recommended this site to SO many of my friends and family!
0 Kudos
alvaro

Hi Everyone,
  My quittineg date: July 5th, 2008...
  Long time! One year and three moths ago, and I'm still smoke free!!
  I gained some weight but lost it again after a few months of exercise and diet, which are working well... and I feel better than ever!
  I have smoked for 20 years. Now I found out that ALL my life I've felt tired and weak. I thought this was normal, that life was like this: but now I feel better than when I was young! Better than ever! I can live wothout loosing my breath or feeling weak and tired all the time. There's so much I can do that I never imagined.
  I will never know what I've missed all those years as a young smoker, but now I have a second chance to live again and perhaps catch up.
  Of course I get some small cravings and probably will never stop feeling them, but seems that I have all the reasons to stay on track.
  This is working so far.
  Álvaro
0 Kudos
savanna-g

hello all you july quitters! How are you doing?
0 Kudos