Decided not to wait on July...I quit!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
372 Replies
savanna-g

116 days smoke free
0 Kudos
fifinow

July does seem far away but i want to quit then for two reasons I want to quit by the time I turn 24 and it's far enough away to be able to give up a few times and not feel like a complete failure

0 Kudos
kitten6

My quit date is July 15th/ 2010 and I am thankful to be with you as I undertake this most difficult time in my life. I stopped smoking when I was first diagnosed with heart problems,now my problems are worsening and I know its because of cigarettes. I quit when I left the hospital and months later I picked up one cigarette and I jhave been at it every since. This is the first time since that one cigarette 15 yrs ago. Now I know you do not quit when you smoke one, you must reset the clock. Now 15 yrs later I am resetting my clock.   

Thanks for being here.!!!!!

0 Kudos
quitter47012

Hi all!  My quit date is July 5th, which is my b-day...its going to be a gift to myself! I am so nervous about failing, but still planning on giving it my all! Any advice would b most appreciated!!

-T

0 Kudos
bren5

Hi I am Brenda and my quit date is July 12th. It is great to see others were I am at also. I am very scared of the same thing. I know I will do this with the help of everyone and the Ex program. But I know what I am in for lol.

0 Kudos
keeptrying2

Hi!  Glad to see others quitting in July!  I am on Day 2 and it has been a bit rougher this time around, but ok.  I am enjoying not having to go out to smoke all the time.  My method was to prepare myself, research, learn, blog, and use nicotine gum.  So far so good! 

0 Kudos
i-can-do-it5

Hey my name is cindy i am quiting smoking today is my first full day with out a ciggerate i went to the hospital last night with chest pain doc says to quit smoking i agree i am only 23 need to for my kids help me out on my way to recovery . my head has been hurting all day and i have been getting extremely  mad at every one

help what can i do 

0 Kudos
keeptrying2

Recognize that it is all part of the quitting process.  The withdrawal will take a few days and you need to allow yourself time to get over the painful symptoms like headaches and fuzziness.  One thing I learned is that nicotine affects how you metabolize caffine and sugar.  It also affects how you produce insulin so be ware of low blood sugars.  Make sure you are eating a little something and drinking juice every few hours.  Look at a member called HWCs page.  He has lots on there to help you get educated on the addiction and what it does to yoru body.  Also....whyquit.com.  Hang in there...it will all pass in a few days, just take care of yourself and wait it out. 

0 Kudos
neen

my quit date is July 22nd...looking for someone who's day is close to that...so we can support each other every step...

0 Kudos
lois2

HI my name is Lois my quit day was July 7 at 8am i am ready no more BUTTS, good luck to us all.

0 Kudos