cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Jesaalyn_8

JessaLyn Nicotine-Free Vision

Jump to solution

When I envision my non-smoker self I see someone more engaged in every moment, not worried about when the next opportunity to have a smoke will be.  I will no longer be embarrassed about offering people rides in my car or fearful that my clothes and hair have a lingering oder.  I will have more money to spend when we start traveling again and I will wake up breathing better and feeling better over all.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mallory99

Good for you, that's a great vision!  Need to have positive not anxious thoughts to get through to the other side.  You'll get there!!!!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Barbscloud

@Jesaalyn_8 Welcome to the Ex and congrats on your decision to quit.  Great nicotine free vision for yourself to begin your journey.  Educate yourself about nicotine addiction and create a quit plan.  Many have found success with knowledge and preparation.   It took me 50 years and many attempts to finally get it. I went into my quits blindly and was never successful.  In addiction to some aids, I found the Ex a week prior to my quit.  For the first time I learned how to quit and had the support that was always lacking.

This link is a great place to start.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

Make the commitment and you can do this too.  We're here to support you on your journey.  So reach out anytime you need help, want to share your experience or to support fellow quitters. We're all in this together.

Start your day by taking the Daily Pledge.  It's a great way to stay on track on day at a time.

Look forward to celebrating in the 4th.  Use this time to read material on the site and prepare for you quit.  Knowledge is power.

Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

Mallory99

Good for you, that's a great vision!  Need to have positive not anxious thoughts to get through to the other side.  You'll get there!!!!

Jesaalyn_8

Thank you!

0 Kudos
MarilynH

Welcome to the community @Jesaalyn_8 you've made the best decision you'll ever make in your lifetime and it's the best gift that any of us will ever give ourselves which is the GIFT OF LIFE! Please read everything you can there's a wealth of information right here on this site to strengthen your resolve to kick the curb permanently stay close and reach out to us whenever you need to or just want to vent! 

Jesaalyn_8

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
biscuit9

I think visualizing your success is important.  See the person you want to become, is a good step.  After that, make sure you read and plan how you will quit.  You can beat this addiction.  Quit day 237.

0 Kudos
Jesaalyn_8

Thanks!  And congrats on your success