cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

suzimac

INTRODUCTION

Hi, I'm Susie, And I've decided to QUIT SMOKING on 5/25/09 in rememberance of my MOTHER, FATHER, and BROTHER, all passed away with lung issues, I miss them so much. I've been on the EX site for about 1 year,procrastinating setting a quit date, so here goes. I have developed a chronic productive cough,(DISGUSTING) and I hate the smell of cigarette smoke on me. I want to be free from this addiction for once and for all. My family wants this for me, I want this for me, too. I have been an addict for 37 years, I AM READY TO BECOME AN EX
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
webslave

Truly the best of luck !
0 Kudos
angie-h

I am with u all the way susie,sounds like u really want to quit,with that kind of determination u will be successful,if u do slip dust ur self off and try again,i lost my best friend which is my mother from cigs and lung cancer,im scared i will develope it too,i am not ill from it,so i thought why stop be4 i do get sick or diag with some fatal illlness,then it will b too alte,so the 24th of may will be one month for me,it hasnt been east for me at all,alot of crying screaming ,lot of anger,bcause i was fighting it,now im embrase it,but i wish u all the best susie,welcome,,,,huggs,angie h
0 Kudos
suzimac

thanks Francine, I am very nervous, your support really means a lot
0 Kudos
suzimac

THANK YOU , ONE THING THAT SCARES ME IS THAT BITCHINESS YOU HEAR ABOUT. I DON'T WANT ANYONE TO GET HURT !! AND, LAST TIME I QUIT I GAINED WEIGHT REALLY FAST AND I WAS SO UNCOMFORTABLE IN MY SKIN,YOU KNOW?? IF MY LOVED ONES CAN PUT UP WITH AN OVERWEIGHT BITCH, THEN IT'LL BE WORTH IT .THANKS FOR SHARING THAT WITH ME, ANGIE, AND CONGRATS ON ONE MONTH. WE REALLY CAN DO THIS
0 Kudos
Leenie

Welcome, Susie-Q. You'll find a lot of help and support here. And you haven't been procrastinating - just preparing. We all have to jump in when we're ready and not a minute sooner. I'm glad you're jumping in.

Leenie
0 Kudos
Leenie

Welcome to you too, Donna! I think you just have to start and know that you will cope. You just have to take it minute by minute sometimes and other times it doesn't require that much work. You'll be fine. Lots of help and encouragement here to get you through.

Leenie
0 Kudos
angie-h

Susie,i want to share something with u please,bitchiness comes with it for sure,lol,no serious what i did b4 i quit i called my friends and told em listen any drama that goes on with u dont call me,i know me i cant handle any ones stuff for alt least three wks,just to make sure ,if that hurts them oh well,its ablout me for a little while,my life and health is more imp than there feelings ,whats three wks hu?
and then my husband lord that was the toughy,No we sitt down [in the pass when i quit i sent him off to his cousins,really i did this]and i told him gently and calmly what i wanted ,needed,and felt,please be patient i will be bichy,sad,lonely,i will b going thru alot of diff feelings,so abre with me,he said ia m with u all the way,he quit like 28 yrs ago,where all they ahd was gum and candy thats it,
so he as been a dream,but it wasnt him,i still was so anoyed and pist off all the time,i cried,he knew what i was going thru,so let me people know,is my suggestion,ur worth it,if they dont like ur behavior oh well,huggs,u can do it when ur ready i ahve faith u can,angie h
0 Kudos
angie-h

oh yeah the weight thing, i rather be alittle over weight than be sickly over cigs,u can loose weight,but u cant fight off cancer once it hitts ,it killed my mom,i say this because i care,ur life is more imp than cigs,i rather b fatt than be addicted,i hope i am not making u mad at me,its the truth tho,
0 Kudos
suzimac

thanks Leenie, I will be coming to this site daily for ideas and support. when I look at all the people who are quitting here, it just blows my mind ! Thanks for the encouragement, luv,susie-q .PS do you think I can learn how to upload my pic on this site,? lol .I think I'll ask one of the kids.
0 Kudos