cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

mykids

I slipped

I want to use the patch to help with the smoking but it’s exp. last year. Can I still use them

23 Replies
elvan

Education about the ADDICTION, support from the site...come here every morning and every evening and whenever you think you might smoke...and your commitment...tell yourself NOPE, Not One Puff Ever...say it over and over again...it sinks in eventually.

Ellen

Barbscloud

Welcome.  We've all had multiple attempts, so don't feel bad.  Just know that this is the last quit.  Stay close to the site and reach out BEFORE you smoke.  We're here for you and want to be a part  of your success.

Barb

mykids

Thank you. I will and this will be my only time I slip 

0 Kudos
marciem

I'm so glad you're back at it, and reclaiming your life!!  Two puffs, two cigarettes, two cartons...

My mantra:

"If I have one puff I'll be back where I started.  Where I started was desperately wishing to be where I am right now."

Best to get right back on board while you still haven't totally re-addicted yourself to the whole process of smoking, I say.

The expired patches should be ok.  They don't "go bad" or sour or rotten like old milk or fruits.  They may lose some effectiveness, but face it, you don't REQUIRE patches to quit.  So whatever help they can give you is still there even if in lesser dosage.  Just my opinion, I'm not a doctor....but I HAVE used expired patches and not died from it.  They helped me thru the early part of one of my defunct quits.