cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

patsy2

I picked April 10 as my quit day...so far so good...but it is hard!!!

Well, today is my first day of quitting. last friday I decided I would cut back all week and on Friday quit. I am on my first day of quitting and I am using the patch. It is probably the hardest day I hope!! I have smoked for 23 years. there are several reasons i decided to quit: first of all I finally want to quit, 2nd my kids want me to quit, 3rd they are making it hard for us to smoke at work on our breaks, 4th the cost is outragious of cigarettes now. Hope to hear from ya'll. Patsy
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
lisa-g.-poore

Good Luck Patsy. I've smoked for 23 years too. I'm quitting mostly for my family. I picked today as my quit day, but that was based on me just wanting to yesterday. I've cheated already, so I'm going to make a real quit day. Something that really has to mean something to me. I'm going to make it as the 15th, since this is tax day and I can remember it better. Especially with them taxing cigarettes so bad. LOL. I really need to, and so far I have been cutting back extremely, I think I may need more help with the patches or something else. I'm going to try help instead of cold turkey. Also just signing up with this support group has already helped.

Thank you and Best Wishes, Lisa
0 Kudos