cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

cfbays

I need support!

I want a cigarette so bad. This is horrible. Can someone help me?

0 Kudos
49 Replies
Vicspin

Congrats on 2 days!! I am on day 3. I am struggling a bit but want to stay quit. You can do this! I am def using the straw and deep breathing and also find it helpful to be mindful of why I am doing this. I want to be healthy and rejoice in not having to have the crutch although I still want to pick it up. This is a journey and I am glad to be on it with you. 

Focus us on the solution not the problem

V

cfbays

Thanks and congrats to you as well. I also use the straw. Today I went outside on my patio like I normally do with my dog and stated blowing through my straw. I couldn't believe how much better I felt. It was like my mind thought I was smoking so it was happy. Wow! The insanity of smoking....

Sootie

Jackie posted our list of things to do instead of smoking..........try them. Mostly, it is just taking it one day, one hour, one minute at a time. TIME really will save you from addiction. the further you get away from that last cigarette the easier it gets.......I promise. Stay close to the site and "talk" to us. The support here is incredible as you have seen. Stay Strong.

cfbays

Thanks, Sootie! I like what you said. One day, one hour, one minute at a time!

0 Kudos
pmt

cfbays, hope you are doing better.  I was having a bit of a rough afternoon so jumped on the puter and started reading.  Saw your request for help and I read all the wonderful responses you received.   You shared your support 🙂    thanks I needed that  🙂                Hang Tough!!

pmt

cfbays

Thanks, pmt...I don't want to do this by myself. I can't.

0 Kudos

I know it's hard, but I know that every day I don't smoke, I might be adding some extra joy to my life.  Today is day 5 and a Bad Urge day.  I know I am going to ride it out.  I'm in a physical therapy facility to repair a fractured ankle. I spent most of the day, looking at the beautiful wing span of birds.  I'm glad to be around.

With you in the struggle

Taurusdagger60

MarilynH

CONGRATULATIONS Taurusdagger60 on your precious quit journey YAY for 5 stupendous Smokefree days and counting WTG, wishing you the very best on your physical therapy for your ankle.....

0 Kudos
cfbays

That was very motivating. We can do it. We can make it together.

0 Kudos