cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

I came back

Well my quit date is approaching, 9/11/2017.  I've collected a few things to have around in preparation, made some plans for triggers and FORCED myself to get back to this group and study.  Not sure if I need a group.  I found the groups that I opened to be out dated.  Not sure what if any response if any I would get from someone who hasn't posted since 2008.  I also don't know if I need a "quit buddy."  Anyhow, Thanks all.  I am sufficiently inspired for now.   

0 Kudos
15 Replies
bonniebee

Try to get into an active group if you want to join one. I personally do not do the groups I just stick to my inbox , the blogs conversations and questions sayings welcome sun.png . "My Ex Feed " at the far left hand corner at the top of your page , and the Freedom Train ( for sure ! ) also many like the Daily Pledge Page .

some of those are really old in some of those groups, but they are getting more and more populated as people are adding to them.  Still some good reading.  And the way I look at it, the person who wrote it may not read my comment but I know someone somewhere will eventually.  I usually like to be nosy and look up the author, go to their profile, click on content and read how far they went, what they went through.  You can find so much on here.  I know in the beginning of my quit last year, I did that quite a bit to basically reassure myself that I wasn't going crazy, this is entirely normal, you're on the right path.  Please feel free to blog away.  If you don't want people to comment, then simply restrict the content.  If you're not comfortable doing that, then keep a journal of your own.  Trust me, as time goes on, you will be going back to your earlier writings to really see how far you have truly come.  If you have any questions on how to navigate to different places on here, just ask a question.  someone at sometime will pop in and answer you.

maryfreecig

Welcome to Ex again. Glad you are here and letting us know that your quit date is arriving in a week. Getting off the butts is a good thing--stay connected, keep reading and blogging as you need to or wish to. 

0 Kudos
elvan

Welcome to EX, we are glad to have you here.

Ellen

0 Kudos
stAn3

The newbie smokers group has new posts. It seems to be the most active group. 

0 Kudos
prjimm01

this is a very active group that is very hard to keep up with but so worth it!  Good luck my new friend!

And welcome!!!

0 Kudos