cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

grantmeone

Joined 7 months ago when I first quit. Came back to see if I could help others.

I have been quit since May 22nd, and I feel so much better. I can breathe and do it deeply for the first time in a long time. I found out in August (after quitting that I had Renal Cell Carcinoma, had to have a kidney removed but now at my three month post surgery mark am cancer free according to my recent scans. I quit with Chantix (modified dose, couldnt take the full dose due to side effects). It really helped, but I had the vivid dreams, the anger, and even some memory changes. Those are gone now and I continue to recovery from having a kidney pulled out of me. I know I did this to myself with the assistance of smoking. I feel for the first time I have taken charge of ME and what I do, and that I do not smoke by choice. I do it for me now, no one else. I am back here now to help others see the same options and decide that it is their time to quit as well. You cant do it until your ready, wont work. Take charge, make the decision and go with it. If you fall pick up and start to run again. You can do just as I have and I need you as well to keep on my path. Good luck to all. Cecilia

0 Kudos
0 Replies