cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Ivan_EU

I QUIT

Yesterday I stopped smoking. Day 1. It is tough. But I am glad to be free. I truly hope it will carry on!

Tags (1)
167 Replies

Ivan_EU‌ I think you can expect a lot of cravings today, but you can get through them! And we all feel unusual physical things on the first days. Please keep checking in and writing blogs. Writing blogs always helped me because it engaged my mind and kept my hands busy. Be strong!!!

Chuck

0 Kudos
Giulia

Just BREATHE and breeze your way through those cravings Ivan.  Each one you get through just makes you stronger and more able to deal with the next.  

0 Kudos
Ivan_EU

Of course. I am here to post my updates each day. I must admit something. Today I broke my ritual. I smoked. I feel terrible.

0 Kudos
gottastop2

Try again!! Very few quit their first try. Keep reading, keep educating yourself and just keep trying!  You can do it!

Actually YOU WENT BACK TO YOUR RITUAL.

Must unlearn it.

Must have stopgap measure to prevent reocurrance.

Call Sewya-Lips-Shut at 555-NOS-MOKE immediately and make an appointment!

140202-nadeau-italy-migrants-tease_auxqrq.jpg

Giulia

Why'd you smoke, Ivan?  Learn from the lesson, toss them away and begin anew.  

0 Kudos
Ivan_EU

Yes, I threw them away. Why? Because I felt huge urge. So much stress in that day that I simply fell. I know it is an excuse but I have to be honest 100%.

0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

I was curious. Have you tried to figure out how to get past the urge the last time when you relapsed? There will always be stress. It's just the way our lives in this world work so I think if you really want to quit that you need to figure out a different way to deal with stress besides smoking. Did you know that smoking actually elevates the heart rate when we smoke? In fact, it mimics just about everything we feel when we're stressed. The cigarette isn't actually helping you to deal with the stress. You just think it is because you feel calmer after giving into the addiction.

You must keep learning and finding new ways to deal with the new life you're trying to create. Have you considered using an aide like the patches or lozenges or gum? Just throwing our suggestions for you. Remember. quitting an addiction is a process. Just don't give up on yourself! You're really doing the right thing by quitting.

ONWARD TO FREEDOM!!!

Chuck

Know problem Ivan. Just try try again! It is so worth it!

0 Kudos
MichelleDiane

Ivan_EU I know how it feels to disappoint yourself.  I did it last week after having  2 1/2 months smoke free.  I felt terrible, but I came back here and have been getting encouragement and suggestions and support to help me on this new and improved journey.  This community will help you if you are willing to help yourself.  Based on what I've read it seems that you really do want to help yourself be smoke free.  Set the date and move forward.

Best wishes,

Michelle

0 Kudos