cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

pktabron

I NEED TO QUIT "AGAIN" OMG

Hello Ex Family,

I am so sorry to say that I fell off that wagon a few months ago.

I am trying to get back up. I don't think I stopped more than a day each time I tried.

I am going to be here a lot and realize this is the only way I can do it.

I am going back on Chantix but at a very light does since I had such a bad experience.

But it seemed to be the only thing that worked so far.

I have been using the patch, but my mind out wits me every time.  I take it off after work and smoke.

If I can get through the day, it means my mind is telling me it's ok you did good, so you can smoke during the evenings.

BS....no I don't want to do that.

My Dr told me on Friday that I have mild emphysema shown up on my CT scan.

So no matter what it takes, it's a now or never quit.

Thank you for what ever advice you can give me.
I am new here really.

Pam

50 Replies
Mandolinrain

Thump....I just thumped you in the arm....okay, its over with your back and we are here  SO GLAD your here and

Getting back on board with your quit.   We are here for you

IMG_2642.JPG

I kept this quote near me when I quit, it was a healthy reminder

0 Kudos
pktabron

Thank you Mandolinrain!!!!  I just took a picture of the quote on my cellphone and will look at it often!

I will beat this. I know I will. I have too.... thank you again,

Pam

Mandolinrain

We are here for you so please do come back and see us more. We have your back. I KNOW you can do this

elvan

You CAN beat this and we are all here to help you along the way...stay close and post often.

Best,

Ellen

fabulousat50

Hi Pam,

I am also re starting a quit, many many attemps. I have reset my quit day to sunday July 1,2018 this will be my final and last time i am resetting a day. I am determined to make this stick. I have way to much to look forward to in my future and being sick from smoking is not one of them. will do whatever it takes . Being very activce and involved on these sights help a lot and this is were you will find me. Good luck, will be very happy to be your quit buddy if you ever need to chat. we can beat this addiction one day at a time.

JoAnne

7/1/18 quit date set

pktabron

JoAnne,  thank you,  I will be your chat buddy. Today I am smoke free....Day 1 🙂

I am glad to see you here and look forward to the struggle.  NOPE!!!!

Pam

fabulousat50

I am also not smoking today but made sunday my official day 1, i am sitting in my home office, glass of ice water, favorite candle burning and reading all i can from the ex community.   Best of luck Pam I know we can do it.

JoAnne

Barbscloud

That's great JoAnne.  Welcome aboard.  At 109 days I still spend a lot of time on the site reading and writing.  It has really made the difference for me this time.    

fabulousat50

oh i plan on being here as often as i can especially weekends, week days will probably be in the am before work and definitely after work at night i am staying close i am very determined to make this quit work. and with all the great support here i will do it.

pktabron

Yes we can JoAnne!!!  🙂

0 Kudos