cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

pktabron

I NEED TO QUIT "AGAIN" OMG

Hello Ex Family,

I am so sorry to say that I fell off that wagon a few months ago.

I am trying to get back up. I don't think I stopped more than a day each time I tried.

I am going to be here a lot and realize this is the only way I can do it.

I am going back on Chantix but at a very light does since I had such a bad experience.

But it seemed to be the only thing that worked so far.

I have been using the patch, but my mind out wits me every time.  I take it off after work and smoke.

If I can get through the day, it means my mind is telling me it's ok you did good, so you can smoke during the evenings.

BS....no I don't want to do that.

My Dr told me on Friday that I have mild emphysema shown up on my CT scan.

So no matter what it takes, it's a now or never quit.

Thank you for what ever advice you can give me.
I am new here really.

Pam

50 Replies
pktabron

Thank you Giulia!!!  Very well said. 🙂

0 Kudos
elvan

We are here...stay close to the site...when your mind is telling you to take off the patch and go ahead and smoke...come here and post, VENT about what you are feeling.  This addiction is powerful but we are MORE powerful.  I have emphysema, I had to have both upper lobes of my lungs removed as a result of the damage.  I ended up quitting cold turkey but I had a plan from this site...My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX   I read everything I could find on nicotine addiction.  I read blogs here...endlessly, I came here every morning and every evening and I asked for advice and then LISTENED when it was given.  This is a wonderful site for support and education...you need to bring your commitment and stay close to the site...we have all been where you are, we all had to start at the beginning and know that 
"The only way out is through."  A quit is not an event, it is a one step at a time JOURNEY.  I used the mantra NOPE over and over and over again...Not One Puff Ever.  It was simple and short and I could remember it and say it as loudly or softly as I needed to.  I smoked for 47 years and thanks to this site, I have been FREE for over 4 1/2 years.  That is the longest I have been smoke free since I started smoking at age 17.  You will need to learn how to deal with emotions that you have stuffed into smoking...it is not easy but it CAN be done and it GETS EASIER.

Welcome back.

Ellen

pktabron

Oh Ellen, you have been one of my greatest supporters. thank you for taking me back and believing in me. I believe in myself this time. I really do. I think with this diagnosis, I have more strength, I am more serious, I am more focused.  Last time i got busy and forgot to log in and read everyday. slowly but surely, I slipped back into old habits and started smoking more and more....I think I got down to three cigs a day at one point, and never really quit.....ok, this is it.  Expect to hear from me alot more....like a whole lot more 🙂

thanks again dear Ellen.

Pam

elvan

pktabron I am so glad that you are back and that you are taking this seriously...there will be good days and bad days...you will grow with each day.  We are here, Pam and we are all sending you our love and support.

Ellen

You must have the willingness to change & grow Pam. When you've accepted your new life & direction as a non-smoker you will become the person you didn't know you wanted to be. You're gonna love her.

If you wanna change your life...change your mind.

Keep on keepin on,

M n @ Signature 002-1.JPG

pktabron

Thanks Mike!!!!  You are so right....I have started meditation and affirmations to help with the mind changing and redesigning my brain.

Barbscloud

Hi Pam.  Welcome back to the Ex.  First of all, it sounds like you need a new quit date.   Think it's safe to say most people don't want to quit smoking, but you need to  be motivated to actually quit.  You've already gotten good advice, so I think it's up to you now.  Educate yourself, read the information on this site, and make the necessary preparations.  There's lots of support here if and when you need it.  If after work is your hardest time, you need a plan to do something in place of smoking then.  It's not easy, but it can be done .

105 DOF

pktabron

Hi Barb, My new quit date is tomorrow.  been reading and youtubing all week.

I think this time it the time!!!!

I will be here dependent on this site for sure 😉

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Do check in with us tomorrow and let us know how you're doing.

Barb

0 Kudos
pktabron

thanks Barb, will do !!!!!

0 Kudos