cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

nuth5790

I FEEL REALLY SICK!!! :(

Hello everyone!!
Today is my 3rd day smoke free. I am very proud of myself, however I am feeling very sick. I feel very tired and weak, I have nausea and constipation, really I am not feeling like myself. Did any of you have the same symptoms??. Let me know..
Good luck to all of you...
0 Kudos
9 Replies
k-man

NOT ONLY I WOULD FEEL SICK BUT MY TEETH WOULD BE IN A TIGHT GRIP
DRINK WATER
I DRANK WATER AND MORE WATER FOR DAYS I DRANK WATER
0 Kudos
a.d.

Not exactly the same symptoms, but I did not feel great. This is my 5th day and the first time I've felt physically all there.
0 Kudos
christine2007

Yes, kicking an addiction is sh*tty! Everyone's physical reactions can be very different. Make sure to eat and keep hydrated by drinking lots of water. Cut back on the coffee/tea/alcohol and energy drinks for a few days. The removal of nicotine from your system can apparently heighten the effects of other stimulants.

I had headaches, dry mouth, acid indigestion, nausea... and the jitters... which I mistook for cravings or signs of cravings. They were signs of addiction. I didn't realize that I wasn't eating regular meals... my focus on quitting put everything else outta whack.

Hang in there! You CAN do this!
0 Kudos
tigs

Hi Nuth

I didn't have all the same symptoms, but was sweating up a storm, as long as I was getting enough water to do so, had sinus and lung aches, stuffed up, etc. Felt reallllly tired, more than weak, like I just had to *sleep!* So yes, the detox is beginning to happen. Even though you feel horrible, realize that its a GOOD thing, because your body is healing itself. Just like feeling horrible when sick is your body fighting the infection. Stay strong, lots of water, and sleep if you can. Your body heals best in sleep.
0 Kudos
a.d.

Yes, sleep is always good!!
0 Kudos
alan-t

I too was feeling very tired and weak. I thought I was catching a 'bug.' However, it was my disease manifesting itself. I ended up in the hospital. Doing better today. I'm on day 14 without a cigarette. You hang in there.
0 Kudos
linda53

its the dam withdrawal symtoms i thought i would cough up a lung or some internal organ hang in there im 2 weeks into this program and it gets easier day by day remember your triggers and dont let the nicodemon get you have a stressfree peaceful smokefree day
0 Kudos
mary55

Hi
Congratulations! I have been smoke free for 3 1/2 weeks and I am taking Chantix. Yes, I am extremely exhausted and it is because nicotine is a stimulant and we don't have that anymore. You will get thru this and be just fine.
Keep up the good work.
0 Kudos
kim30

I am beginning my 4th day, and I totally understand the tired and constipation part. Just want to take lonnnggg nappies. At least the family is understanding. Best of luck
0 Kudos