cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

kim30

Hello

Hi, just joined this site. I'm a 41 yr old married mom who has been smoking since she was 14. I've tried unsuccessfully to quit numerous times over the years, but I feel confident that THIS IS MY TIME!! I am hoping that this site and all of you will help me achieve my success.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
okrafeet

Hey Kim,

Welcome, I just joined this site, too. I quit smoking 19 years but got hooked on the nicotine gum. Just got off ten days ago. Wish me luck and I wish you luck as well, too !

Talk to alot of people on this site...they're all great.

Jamie
0 Kudos
kim30

Thanks for the welcome Jamie. 19 years - WOW I can't wait till I can say that. Good luck to you getting off the gum. I never would have thought you could get hooked on it, but now that I think about it I can see how that could happen.

Wishing you well
K
0 Kudos
erica2

I'm glad to have you with us! I've smoked for 10 years (started with the military) and now it's time to stop. It actually felt a lot easier this morning, before 15 hours of telling myself "no"! Wish me luck!
0 Kudos
kim30

---Update--- Beginning my 4th day!!!!! Actually read that Allen Carr book - WOW! I feel great! Compared to every other time I've tried. No desire to strangle anyone, only 1 freakout, and honestly aside of the little whispers, I really have no cravings. I picked the right time too, Massachusetts just went up to $8.00/pack and on 4/1 they are going up again!

Best of luck to everyone here!!!!!
0 Kudos