cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Sorice1

How long before i stop craving a cigarette? Driving me crazy, i just keep thinking about it

How long before i stop craving a cigarette? 

35 Replies
indingrl

Welcome and CONGRATS on nicotine freedom

Trisha76

I do not think the cravings ever go completely away.  You just have to use your tool box knowledge to get through them.  I am only on day 29 but had tried to quit years ago 5 different times and the longest I made it was 3 months.  This time I just know that I am done being a slave to this addition.  It really is a day to day approach to your emotional needs and conquering your fears.

maryfreecig

Trisha, Congratulations on 29 days!!!  The cravings do go away and for good. Staying smober will get you there.

Mandolinrain

Yes they do. Honestly, they do. I was a pack a day smoker for over 30 years. Now, I could care less about them and no craves.....ever after a solid year. I am now a bit over 6 years quit. You will get there too Trish

SuzyQ411

Pulling for you Trisha76‌. Congrats on 29 days clean 

~Suzy

0 Kudos
Mrsmacho2020

I’m 91 days quit, cold turkey! The thing that has helped me with the cravings is drinking water and eating citrus fruits. I think learning to cope with the cravings will drive the cravings away. 

SuzyQ411

Sorice1‌... as was said above, each person's quit is unique..to include the length of time that cravings remain. I can only speak for myself, but in the beginning I craved at various times throughout the day. Day after day after day.... But, over time, it has gotten so I now crave maybe just  2-3 times per day and not as intensely as I did in the beginning. I smoked for over 60 years and am now quit for 8 months and 6 days; all I can say to you is that I have found it DOES get easier the longer I am quit. I wish you well...stick with it...and  lean on us, that's what we are here for....

~Suzy

heart.png

LKevinl

Go minute by minute

inhale exhale

remember you saved money today

no more sneaking

Avoid rooms where you’d have a drink abd smoke

the first 3 are hardest. I couldn’t sleep needed nicotine so bad. Day 4 started feeling a little better. Give it two weeks .

if you slip , you’re human 

just remember why you’re doing it 

got to have a why

Yourself

family

you’re in control 

Mandolinrain

My secret for the craves: VICKS VAPOR RUB. The inhaler as well as the ointment.

I used the inhaler when out in public and the rub under my nose at home. It's magic. Killed my craves or at kept them manageable . I could not do without it. Also please read Allen Carr book ( fast easy read) The Easyway to quit smoking.

JACKIE1-25-15

Each person is different. It depends on how long and how much you smoked.  Also changing the way you think has an impact.  Relearning your thinking that you do not have to smoke will help.  Self talk helps.