cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

tyndallgw

How are all the newbies doing?

Haven't heard too much from the recent quitters like myself.  Hopefully, this finds you well and determined as ever to quit.  Personally, I am on Day 7 and I have to say that I felt like roadkill this morning.  Cravings (of course), but also sinus congestion, and coughing, and slight upset stomach.  I suspect some of you need a little encouragement right about now, so let us know what's going on with you.  Besides helping yourself, it'll also help the rest of us who think we are the only ones going through this.

-George 

25 Replies
tyndallgw

Personally, I just finished the first week (Day 8).  Feeling better today than I have in a while.  I was really not sure I could do this, and I have a long ways to go....but it really is one day, one hour, one craving at a time.  Just hang in there, we are all pulling for you.

elvan

ABSOLUTELY, one day at a time! When that’s too long, make it one hour at a time.

Ellen

Congrats on making it to day 8 now! Keep up the great work - you're doing fantastic! 

tyndallgw

It looks like congrats are due you....something like 50 days.....excellent job.  How do you feel?

-George  

Thanks! 49 days and 16 hours, so very close to that 50 mark! Most days are good days now, still have moments and days, but the rough times seem to pass quicker now. And I'm motivated not to disappoint myself, so just keep pushing through. 

SuzyQ411

congrats well done.jpg Great news on your being quit for what must be over 50 days by now...???