cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

tyndallgw

How are all the newbies doing?

Haven't heard too much from the recent quitters like myself.  Hopefully, this finds you well and determined as ever to quit.  Personally, I am on Day 7 and I have to say that I felt like roadkill this morning.  Cravings (of course), but also sinus congestion, and coughing, and slight upset stomach.  I suspect some of you need a little encouragement right about now, so let us know what's going on with you.  Besides helping yourself, it'll also help the rest of us who think we are the only ones going through this.

-George 

25 Replies
Mommyto6

Hi George congrats on the quit. Me myself, just at 5 days. I guess I've been so busy with school, I can't be in like i want.  I make sure I come on to take the Pledge and participate in the nightly bonfire and briefly scroll.  Other than that, it's pretty much it. I noticed I haven't had a headache since I quit.  I dealt with the upset stomach issue for the first 2 days, but I think it was something I drank.  Anyway, keep up the quit and remember NOT ONE PUFF EVER!!!

tyndallgw

Congrats on the 5 days.....and keep it up! 

Mommyto6

Thanks

tyndallgw

Congrats on getting through Hell week.  Thinking of you....keep it going.

Barbscloud

Congrats on 5 days.  Keep moving forward.

Barb

Jen_819

Hi George! Great job on staying quit! Today is day 1 for me. It was going pretty good, until I got to work ugh, but I will stay strong! I am not starting this journey ever again! Have a good day!

Barbscloud

Good morning Jen_819  Congrats on your first day of being smoke free.  Try to keep moving.  If you can, go for walk when your get a break.  Walking really helped me to refocus my thoughts.  Do you have some aids with you?  I chewed the heck out of some straws--keeps your hands and mouth occupied.  Stay close and keep moving forward.

Barb

Jen_819

Hi Barb and thank you! I brought my walking shoes to work with me so I can walk instead of smoke on my break! I also brought water, healthy snacks, and some hard candies. When I did this before cinnamon disk were my go to  Thanks for the support!

tyndallgw

Hi Jen_819!  Just checking in.  How are you doing?  My thoughts and prayers are with you.

-George

Jen_819

Hi George! I am hanging in there. Trust me the urge is there, but I just try to occupy myself until it passes. How are you doing?