cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

tyndallgw

How are all the newbies doing?

Haven't heard too much from the recent quitters like myself.  Hopefully, this finds you well and determined as ever to quit.  Personally, I am on Day 7 and I have to say that I felt like roadkill this morning.  Cravings (of course), but also sinus congestion, and coughing, and slight upset stomach.  I suspect some of you need a little encouragement right about now, so let us know what's going on with you.  Besides helping yourself, it'll also help the rest of us who think we are the only ones going through this.

-George 

25 Replies
Barbscloud

George, congrats on 7 days.  Keep encouraging those newbies to keep in touch.

Barb

sweetplt

pastedImage_1.gif George On 7 days of Freedom...tyndallgw  ... Hang in there and Delay those cravings....~ Colleen 630 DOF 

Legend

Congratulations on day 7 Yay!!!

Here is something to relax you. Let any thoughts of smokes float away and only let good thoughts in your head. Relax all of your muscles and just enjoy the peaceful sounds. You’re doing great you can do this it all gets better in time.

Relaxing Music with Nature Sounds - Waterfall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE6RYpe9IT0

noetoez

Congrats on 7 days!! You made it past H3LL week, now on to heck week, lol.

I have recently passed the 1 month mark. It took me a minute to stop feeling like hot garbage. My anxiety was high, I couldn't sleep, my chest felt like the time I had pneumonia, and everything gave me heartburn. 

I went cold turkey. For me, week 1 it was constant misery starting about Day 3. Week 2 was still miserable, with periods of better. Week 3 was better, with periods of less better. It was about Week 4ish that I could say I felt consistently good. I still have cravings, but my sense of smell feels like a superpower now, and food tastes better. 

It felt like an eternity at the time, but I got through the awful spots by coming to this site. Posting, reading, commiserating. Ice water has been helpful, peppermint, eucalyptus, and lavender scented aromatherapy (opens airways, reduces anxiety), and swear word coloring books have helped more than I expected too.

Keep going! We got this!

Jen_819

Good job! Keep it up!

elvan

Keep checking on newbies! Congratulations on the first week!

Ellen

breakthecurse

I’m on day 26 and had to convince myself not to vape today. My quit has been anything but perfect. I’ve even had 2 slips... but I got right back on track. So this newbie is still struggling. 

tyndallgw

Proud that you jumped right back on the quit.  Keep it up.  We have got to do this!

George

Barbscloud

Glad you're back on track.  Keep moving forward and reach out before you vape!

Barb