cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

carol23

Hi!

Hi! I am Carol and I am struggling. I was doing well on Chantix and my dog got really sick and I started again. My dog is ok now, but I am not. I was just so scared! How do you guys handle the stress without smoking?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
barbara42

the first thing is to take a deep breath. ask your self--1-if i smoke this cig. will it change any thing?, make it better?-
2-if i smoke this cig. how will i feel about my self?
3-if i smoke this cig. i will have to go back through all this again, is it worth it? 1-no, it will not change a thing or make it better
2-i will feel like such a failure and i will feel like i just have no control of me
3-nothing is worth going through hell week or heck week. i will be wishing that i had never smoked.. when a crave hits you, just think on these things peace!
0 Kudos
carlie

HOW ?? You re-train your brain. Sounds strange, but that is basically what you do.....you learn how to handle everyday situations...ups and downs...without lighting up !!! How do we do that ??? We read....alot...and understand this addiction and the fact that you; and all of us here; are addicts !!!
Knowledge is power.....and it takes knowing this addiction to fight it - - and win !!! It IS do-able !!!!!!
0 Kudos

Well quit for your dog since he's the one who made you smoke.

just kidding

0 Kudos
jan__tx

It has been very hard but I just do it...I still have very strong cravings but I will not smoke! I keep telling myself that and I don't give myself any other choice. I stopped the Chantix a week ago just to see if things were any different w/o it. I am doing ok ...I cannot go back to smoking:) you can do it too:) just set your mind to the quit and don't give in to nicotine demons:)
0 Kudos