cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

patricia18

Hello

My name is Pat and of course I am so use to saying I am an alcoholic. Well the fact is I am also addicted to nicotine.
I have tried so many times to quit but I just keep going back. For one reason or another. I would like to quit for good this time.
I have been given so many suggestions on how to quit so many different things to do. I want to keep it simple.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
betty15

Hi Pat!!!! I so understand..I've actually started to say it in very inappropriate settings myself! Try going to your kids open house and start to introduce yourself to the teacher as Hi I'm Betsy and I'mmmmmmmmm oh yeah Ashley's mom! lol Keeping it simple and keeping it one day at a time is how I quit. I'm not smoking today. I choose not to smoke today.

Do you have any plans on how you are going to deal with the cravings?
0 Kudos
patricia18

I am new to trying to stop smoking. At this point I am not sure what I am going to do. I have tried so many times and failed I hate to get up any hope that it will be different this time. I started through the slides on this web site and will see where that leads me. Thought I might try the 12 steps on smoking.
Pat
0 Kudos